NTSC game saves with PAL disc?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 1cowabunga, Jun 7, 2010.

Jun 7, 2010
  1. 1cowabunga
    OP

Newcomer 1cowabunga Member

United States
    Ok, so if I load a PAL game will it read my game saves from an NTSC game (same game title)? They are the same game but only the video rendering is different - right? Just something I was wondering about.

2. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    no sir.

3. doped505069

Newcomer doped505069 Advanced Member

Australia
    no not at all you can covert them in region its possible you will have to search the forum i would know but never needed to do it.

4. auroreon

auroreon Newbie

Won't work I'm afraid.
    However you can convert the saves and the conversion process should be very simple.
    Me and a friend share save data for a few of the games we play which is fine for most games, but I happen to have an NTSC copy of Brawl whereas he has PAL.
    So I was forced to find a way to convert the saves back and forth. I found a program that someone made to convert NTSC Brawl saves to PAL but I had to find out how to convert from PAL back to NTSC manually. I found that all I had to do was edit a couple of things in the save in a hex editor, and brawl is a game with a larger save file so I can only imagine it being easier for other games. I'm sure the process does vary from game to game but I can tell you how I convert Brawl saves if you want.

5. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    some do work, some don't

however since you are from the US why would you play a PAL version if you have the NTSC save so probably the NTSC game ?

6. 1cowabunga
    OP

Newcomer 1cowabunga Member

United States
    Oh okay, Thanks! was just wondering.