Hacking ntsc backup loader

aaaa_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a ntsc loader which would make eg a pal game into a ntsc when playing and us orcarina codes would work

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nope cause the ID will still be the same...!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could change Gecko OS/Gamma to modify the read GameID to the NTSC one and write that into memory. It's possible this works, but 1. even if it works it might not work for all games(i'm thinking of the IOS Version patching games) and 2. when there's actually a difference between NTSC version and PAL version this wouldn't work too.

If you want to change Gecko OS/Gamma to modifiy the GameID, keep in mind that the actual versions are written for the old libogc, so you have to change a few things.

aaaa_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so how do i change the gamma to modify the read GameID to the NTSC one and write that into memory?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aaaa_ said:
so how do i change the gamma to modify the read GameID to the NTSC one and write that into memory?

aaaa_ said:

aaaa_ said:

QUOTE(aaaa_ @ Mar 22 2009, 11:35 AM) so how do i change the gamma to modify the read GameID to the NTSC one and write that into memory?

i am really sorry about the multi posting my computer wasnt working so i clicked post reply a few times.

Don't click several times in the future.

Write:
*(u8*)0x80000003 = 0x45;

before these lines:
memset(gameidbuffer, 0, 8);
memcpy(gameidbuffer, (char*)0x80000000, 6);

in apploader.c, all 3 times! (rebooter, 1:1 copies, decrypted discs)

0x45 is hexadecimal for 69, which is the ASCII code for 'E' and 0x80000003 is the address of the 4th character of the discID in memory.

It looks like this in ocarinarebooter for example:
CODE
[...]
ÂÂÂÂdvddone = 0;
ÂÂÂÂret = bwDVD_LowReadID(g_diskID,__dvd_readidcb);
ÂÂÂÂDVD_CHECK();

ÂÂÂÂ/* If ID NULL then DVD must be invalid */
ÂÂÂÂ*(u8*)0x80000003 = 0x45;
ÂÂÂÂmemset(gameidbuffer, 0, 8);
ÂÂÂÂmemcpy(gameidbuffer, (char*)0x80000000, 6);ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
[...]

aaaa_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
aaaa_ said:

aaaa_ said:

aaaa_ said:

QUOTE(aaaa_ @ Mar 22 2009, 11:35 AM) so how do i change the gamma to modify the read GameID to the NTSC one and write that into memory?

i am really sorry about the multi posting my computer wasnt working so i clicked post reply a few times.

Don't click several times in the future.

Write:
*(u8*)0x80000003 = 0x45;

before these lines:
memset(gameidbuffer, 0, 8);
memcpy(gameidbuffer, (char*)0x80000000, 6);

in apploader.c, all 3 times! (rebooter, 1:1 copies, decrypted discs)

0x45 is hexadecimal for 69, which is the ASCII code for 'E' and 0x80000003 is the address of the 4th character of the discID in memory.

It looks like this in ocarinarebooter for example:
CODE
[...]
ÂÂÂÂdvddone = 0;
ÂÂÂÂret = bwDVD_LowReadID(g_diskID,__dvd_readidcb);
ÂÂÂÂDVD_CHECK();

ÂÂÂÂ/* If ID NULL then DVD must be invalid */
ÂÂÂÂ*(u8*)0x80000003 = 0x45;
ÂÂÂÂmemset(gameidbuffer, 0, 8);
ÂÂÂÂmemcpy(gameidbuffer, (char*)0x80000000, 6);ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
[...]

yoh thats alot of things i dont understand. can u send make me one of those plz i would be really greatful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.