Ntr refuses to install

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pitamar531, Aug 14, 2017.

1. pitamar531
    OP

pitamar531 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Hello, good monrning (or evening/day.. :P )

a while back ago i installed luma on my 3ds, and yesterday after finding out about ntr i tried to install it on my system.
    I downloaded the NTR cia and the ntr.bin from the github associated with the thread on this site (and later tried the one from reddit as well) but they refuse to work.
    I can install them just fine through FBI, but whenever i try to open the NTR app afterwards It says unkown FIRM every time near the begining, and with the cia from reddit it starts running and then says it fails and while with the one from the thread it says it fails after a few lines...

Any suggestions ?
    Thanks in advance :D

2. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    The NTRboothax is for use with a 3ds flash cart one of the listed ones supported and also a magnet to use to trigger sleep mode and then it is used for unbricking and yes it can be used to install cfw on any 3ds or 2ds that is out now.

3. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
  4. pitamar531
    OP

pitamar531 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2017
    Bulgaria
    I tried to use it, but upon choosing a verison (tried al three but the same result) of NTR i am given the following error message
    Firmware unkown
    Detected firm 2.50.11

afterwards it promts we to shut down the device. Btw, I just updated Luma using the instruction here https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and then running the new Luma Updater app

Honestly I bearly understood that...

Last edited by pitamar531, Aug 14, 2017
    leerpsp likes this.
  5. MuperMumpjanSario

MuperMumpjanSario Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Perth, Western Australia
    Wrong NTR.

Voxel likes this.
  6. pitamar531
    OP

pitamar531 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Any suggestions ?

7. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    Tell ntr to stop refusing and it will work again!

8. bobdamnit

bobdamnit GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    What firmware are you on? I may be wrong, but Firm 2.50.11 is 10.4 OFW I think. NTR firmware's latest versions require you to at least be on 11.3 or higher.

Either you need to update via System Settings, or you have a 'frankenfirm' situation. (Kernel and Firm are mismatched)

Last edited by bobdamnit, Aug 14, 2017