Not open for further replies.

David Zocchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THIS VERSION IS NOW OBSOLETE
Please try the new 2.0 Version, I will leave this version downloadable for those who prefer if.

Thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrccompiler-2-0.462445/
Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!0lhxQCzK!YEyNY-t8Rrk8kCoyYabUXl0kG9FHNoUCqT98q1Eg1Ec

Hi,
I put this together as I got sick of trying to find codes from websites then creating & setting up text files to convert with Gateshark2NTR, I couldn't find anything similar so I thought i'd make one.

NOTE: Not every game has cheats available as Fort42 likes to add games with no cheats

Prerequisites:
1) You Need DevKitPro Installed https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/Automated Installer/devkitProUpdater-1.6.0.exe/download
2) Drag ntr Directory to C:\
3) Internet Access

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL DEVKITPRO

1) Download & Extract
2) Move devkitPro folder to C:\

I managed to narrow down the few files Gateshark2NTR needs so its only 20mb

Devkit Download: https://mega.nz/#!1lRxyJIZ!Hak4iUgKYuuY1ka9IllzRFA5g4wnCeVpmowUHLHh1xQ

How to use:
1) Open NTR Cheats
2) Click Load Games
3) Click A game
4a) Save as Text, for later/other use OR
4b) Save as NTR plugin
5) Move created folder from c:\ntr\plugin or click the "Open plugin folder" and Drag it to your 3DS plugin folder

347y4ww.png

Download: https://mega.nz/#!l84gADZJ!oSYZbmOAVZx07QAau9XuLUxFYPf8_l5_CNy2L5q3v_8

Let me know if you have any issues as I can't test every game

Future Updates / Known Bugs
1) Select/Deselect individual cheats before compiling
2) Credit to code Finder/Creator
3) Edit Game info

Why can I to save as a txt file?

You can manually use the text files to create plugin of your own.
1) once you save a text file, you can edit it and remove any cheats using notepad that are broken, don't want or you want to add your own.
2) Click open NTR folder
3) Then just drag the 0000000XXXXXX.txt file on to Gateshark2NTR.exe
4) It will ask for your name then it create the plugin in the plugin folder.

How do I make the plugin function for another game/region?
I don't recommend this as I can't guarantee it will work if the plugin is supposed to be for another game.
1) Find the cheats you, then want save as text
2) Change the name of the name of the text to match the game ID of the game you want it for.
EXAMPLE: Super Mario 3D land EUR is 0004000000053F00 but I want to try those cheats on the USA version, I would save the EUR as 0004000000053F00.txt then rename it to 0004000000054000.txt
3) Then just drag the 0000000XXXXXX.txt file on to Gateshark2NTR.exe
4) It will ask for your name then it create the plugin in the plugin folder.

Last edited by David Zocchi,

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this thing not only works, but actually solved my NTR problems. Just went into FBI and made sure region, Game ID, and Game Serial matched. Then just did a wireless transfer to SD PLUGIN folder, and it worked. Had to hit SELECT which means you're using 2.0 which honestly, works better.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO NTR USERS!!!!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Just wish we didn't have to install DevKitPro... keep up the good work!!!

UPDATE:
Okay, so we can save to .txt file, but we can't copy cheat.txt file into another region. So what's the point of saving to .txt if we can't re-use it? Is this only limited to the Fort42 url cheats? How can we change region of the cheats?

UPDATE II:
So yeah, even if you change all data in top column to match your region etc., just because NTR compiles it doesn't mean it'll work. Binary cheat itself is rom specific. It shows up, can turn it on and off, doesn't crash game. But sadly, it doesn't do anything. So now I would like to know how we MAKE cheats? Memory dumps? Oh gawd, I hate using HxD. Always gives me a headache...

Last edited by Osmosis,

David Zocchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, this thing not only works, but actually solved my NTR problems. Just went into FBI and made sure region, Game ID, and Game Serial matched. Then just did a wireless transfer to SD PLUGIN folder, and it worked. Had to hit SELECT which means you're using 2.0 which honestly, works better.

UPDATE:
Okay, so we can save to .txt file, but we can't copy cheat.txt file into another region. So what's the point of saving to .txt if we can't re-use it? Is this only limited to the Fort42 url cheats? How can we change region of the cheats?

UPDATE II:
So yeah, even if you change all data in top column to match your region etc., just because NTR compiles it doesn't mean it'll work. Binary cheat itself is rom specific. It shows up, can turn it on and off, doesn't crash game. But sadly, it doesn't do anything. So now I would like to know how we MAKE cheats? Memory dumps? Oh gawd, I hate using HxD. Always gives me a headache...

You can manually use the text files.
1) once you save a text file, you can edit it and remove any cheats that are broken or don't want.
2) Click open NTR folder
2) Then just drag the 0000000XXXXXX.txt file on to Gateshark2NTR.exe

and it will ask for your name then it create the plugin in the plugin folder.

if you want the cheats to work with other games than what they are supposed to be for
1) save as text
2) change the name of the text to match your game ID
3) Drag on to Gateshark2NTR.exe

David Zocchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

UPDATE:

UPDATE II:

I have made a new version, I hope it will solve most of the problems you were having, you can uninstall devkitPro with this version as it copies the few files it needs from devkit and delete the ntr folder in C:\ as it comes built in now

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrccompiler-2-0.462445/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy