NTR CFW plugin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by OOGAPABOOGA, May 13, 2017.

1. OOGAPABOOGA
    OP

OOGAPABOOGA Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Hello, I can't use the patch for DQ8 via NTR CFW

I have tried and retired installing and reinstalling it several time, redoing the process from scratch to no avail

I do get that greenlight and can access the menu via x+y, but the game plugin never appear, I don't know how it's supposed to work

I simply dragged the file in the root like specified here https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-dragon-quest-viii-8-restoration-project.451932/ but nothing appear in the menu

I have redone the entire process this time downloading Code of Princess JUST to try to see if cheat works, I don't even intend to play that game, I choosed it because it was specified that the game has a menu right here http://ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins

I hope my problem is clear, a simple plugin not appearing ,that no google link helped solve it's absolutely driving me mad as I do and follow everything I find on youtube or wherever, and yes LUMA is updated to it's last version I tried that too

Thanks for reading

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Have you tried pressing Select after you launch the game and see the green flash (like on the title screen, for example?) Some cheat plugins use different buttons to open the cheat menu. Don't press X+Y then Select. Just press Select.

3. OOGAPABOOGA
    OP

OOGAPABOOGA Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Oh sorry I got the green flash on some other NTR don't remember which

What I have NOW is this

Using this NTR selector (not the mod 3) https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases I can access the menu on Code of Princess by pressing X+Y, but no green flash of any kind

If you want to know what happen with the mode 3 from this link, I get the same result
    I say that because on the link where I downloaded some other NTR where I do get the green flash the mode 3 simply doesn't work but whatever

I will try finding the one that flash green and report back

4. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    mode 3 is only for extended memory games on O3ds (Pokemon sun/moon, monster hunter smash etc) that requires a reboot to free up all the memory for the game to play mode 3 soft reboots the O3ds but keeps the NTR patched it restricts cheat plugins to 300kb or less iirc

5. OOGAPABOOGA
    OP

OOGAPABOOGA Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Well I don't get that green flash what could this mean

Edit: I would like to add, I'm 100 % sure that Code of Princess use the X+Y command. I always manage to get the menu
    Also thanks for that note on mode 3

Nobody had problem like that before ?

Last edited by OOGAPABOOGA, May 14, 2017
  6. OOGAPABOOGA
    OP

OOGAPABOOGA Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Since I updated Luma I don't get that green flash, but everything start normally
    What is the problem exactly I followed every step and it just doesn't work
    I'm at 7.5 luma

7. OOGAPABOOGA
    OP

OOGAPABOOGA Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Ok now it flashes green but the Dq8 patch does nothing