"NSP is too large for file

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Yung_Shyne, Sep 18, 2019.

1. zer01717

zer01717 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2006
    Canada
    I had the same python issue when trying to install games with tinfoil. I solved it by reinstalling python and checking off "create environment variables". afterwards it recognized python commands in cmd. Also, did you install Zadig/ USB drivers? My switch was able to establish a connection with tinfoil and goldleaf after I configured Zadig.

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    To try ExFat:

Copy ALL the contents from your MicroSD to your PC.
    Format the MicroSD to ExFat
    Put all your stuff back into the MicroSD.

To Fix the Issue without ExFat, use NSP Splitter you need to install PyThon 3 and add it as an the Environment Variable, so you can call it from CMD, if not, then you need to open Python 3 Terminal, point to the NSP and execute the command.

You can also use Zadig to install LibUSK driver for your Switch and install the NSP over USB.

3. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Yung_Shyne GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Thank you!
    You made the exfat method seem simple! Ty

@zer01717 Thank you too! And no i never heard of Zadig.

I have a couple options now but I think I'll try exFat since it seems simple. Any objections? I'll prolly come back into this thread with another question soon anyway. Ty guys

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

do i need a specific guide?

4. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    For what?

5. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    exfat. i have an sd format program i used from the github guide. do i just use an guide from google or is there a good one on this forum that everybody uses?

6. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    You dont need any external software to format to ExFat, you can use the one with windows [right click], just to be sure, you dont have EmuMMC right?

7. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    It's drag and drop. Take your large nsp and drag it over the py file and let go, and it'll do its thing

8. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    out of the three options on hekate, i boot up using emummc

9. 0x3000027E

0x3000027E GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2018
    United States
    Has anyone confirmed Nin's exFat driver is actually problematic? Or are we only complaining because the exFat driver has trouble with homebrew? (something it was not designed to run).

I'm finding many users reporting Fat32-formatted sd corruption on the switch as well.
    How often is user error to blame for the sd card corruption? (not to mention the large volume of counterfeit cards out in the wild).

If the exFat driver problem extends beyond homebrew, why hasn't Nin taken action to fix it in a recent update?

10. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    If you have EmuMMC / Emunand, you will need to do more than just copy paste, as you now have a hidden partition on your SD.

11. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    crap. and you are talking about backing up right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/
    this is the guide i used. ill follow the same steps but choose exfat instead of fat32

12. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    You're better off sticking with FAT32.

And your problem with the NSP Splitter script is because you don't know the basics of operating the command line. You need python3 added to your PATH so you can use the python3 command from any directory (folder). The installer will do this for you automatically if you select "Create Environment Variables." Then, for ease of use in your situation, you're going to want to copy the splitNSP.py script to the same folder you have your NSP that you want to install in.

Finally, on the command line you will need to use the "cd" command to switch to that folder. Then you can type your "python3 splitNSP.py filename.nsp" command, but you have to replace "filename.nsp" with the name of your NSP file! And finally, if the name of your NSP has spaces in it (which judging by your screenshot, it does) you have to surround the filename with double quotes (").

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  13. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    if you have python installed like specified it is literally drag and drop

14. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
  15. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Thank you for the responses!! we are almost there :P
    [​IMG]
    i typed in the code from the guide i linked and i still get this. i re installed python and checked off the enviornmental box too:unsure:

16. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    It needs to be ON, as you are going to use it on CMD. well, thats all help ii can give you for now, sadly Im leaving in 3 minutes.

17. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    take your nsp and drag it on top of the split.py and it will split it for you

18. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    okay thank u honey
    @MythicalData i actually dont know how to open this program
    [​IMG]

19. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    You downloaded the wrong file, it's going to be much harder for you to use the zip file. Just download the Windows Installer version. Look on their downloads page for "Windows x86-64 executable installer."

MythicalData likes this.
  20. Yung_Shyne
    OP

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    okay i got this one. is this something you open? cause i cant find it. yes i know my iq 90:wacko:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted