Hacking Suggestion NSP Installer that installs over the network

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, what about an installer that install NSP over the network connecting to a PC with IP and port(Like on FBI on 3DS before the QR codes)
So:
1)You don't risk your cert with FreeShopNX
2)You don't need to double your space of your SD
I'm going to suggest this to TX too so I can see who is faster, the GBATemp Developers or the scammers of TX

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Just look at what we have right now and think a bit.
Definitely possible, just not now.
1. Good luck geting every single nsp and keeping it updated without banning someone's cert.
2. Doesn't it download, install, remove? Idk here.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homebrew illegal downloaders never work. you have too much maintenance on it. you brats of today's internet can't keep anything quiet so it would spread like wild and be in the headlines in like 2 days.

this was tossed around back in the old Wii days - a WAD downloader/installer. good idea, doesn't work™

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you both don't understand what he is suggesting- just an installer that pulls nsp from the PC, like a combination of Tinfoil and FTPD. No CDN downloading, no certs.
It's probably not even that complicated to code - it just will be slow as hell, as the FTP connection is. You'll be way faster copying that file onto your SD and then installing it.

Reactions: ElLelos

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If we can get better speeds than with ftpd then it’s a great idea. I already had thought about it, a server side app that would act like eshop and a homebrew app that would access the server and install from it

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you both don't understand what he is suggesting- just an installer that pulls nsp from the PC, like a combination of Tinfoil and FTPD. No CDN downloading, no certs.
It's probably not even that complicated to code - it just will be slow as hell, as the FTP connection is. You'll be way faster copying that file onto your SD and then installing it.
not gonna be that easy
he said no need double space on SD card, that means simply sending the nsp over network, install it and delete won't work. maybe something like unpack the nsp before transferring over network, and directly write the file parts to target installation directory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.