Hacking Question NSP install and corruption problem

Metothic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm using Kosmos, all files are up to date, gathered from sdsetup. Some NSP worked fine, even played for a while, but then after I restarted the Switch, they got corrupted on start or after loading. When trying to reinstall with Goldleaf, they stop around 10%. Other NSP got stuck too, but weren't corrupted before (had to reinstall due to deleting content on Nintendo folder). Certain NSP work perfectly fine, and reinstall fine. I tried formatting my SD and it doesn't help. If you need some other info please ask, any help is appreciated.

Reactions: NoNAND

Metothic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It's FAT32. I'll try testing later, sadly I dong have enough time now since it'd take too long. I don't believe it's fake since I was able to run some NSP, but I don't really know much about it. I also had problems trying to get emuMMC on SD partition, ended up using sysNAND instead, not sure if that could've been a SD problem.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It's FAT32. I'll try testing later, sadly I dong have enough time now since it'd take too long. I don't believe it's fake since I was able to run some NSP, but I don't really know much about it. I also had problems trying to get emuMMC on SD partition, ended up using sysNAND instead, not sure if that could've been a SD problem.
Sounds like a sd problem.

Reactions: NoNAND

Metothic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Soooo... I tried installing the same NSP on another PC, let's call it PC2, with a different USB cable (USB2) and it worked, whereas in my PC (PC1) with USB1, the installation always stopped somewhere. But I have already installed one NSP on PC2 with got USB2, which got corrupted after I restarted my Switch.

I believe PC1 or USB1 may have a problem, but the corruption of the NSP installed with PC2/USB2 may have been a SD problem.

I'll test the SD card tomorrow and I'll update, just wanted to give some info I found relevant.

Metothic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I checked the card, didn't complete it because it was taking too long, but some part of it said corrupted while other part said "DATA LOST", the minority was "OK".

NSP still run fine even after restarting the Switch, so maybe it shouldn't have problems until it reaches the corrupted parts of the card, right? Anyways, I'll try to contact the seller to change the SD card.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
To me it seems like either the SD card is at fault or something is going haywire on your PCs part.
Try doing SD installs or alternatively get the tinfoil shop mod.

Reactions: Deleted User

Metothic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey, late response, I hope this can still get an answer. Turns out the SD was a fake, I sent it back and got refunded. I've been using a 16gb SD meanwhile and everything works perfectly, however, I'll be getting a new 128gb card soon, so I can use the emuNAND.

The thing I'm worried about is that I made the backup using the fake SD, so I'm not sure if the backup is safe or not. What should I do? What's the worst that could happen?

If the backup is indeed corrupted and I restore it, will I risk my Switch getting bricked? Will a backup in my Switch's current state help me restore it in case it gets bricked by the corrupted backup?

Reactions: wicksand420

benthrottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short Story: SD Card got corrupt, restored everything to Latest Atmosphere + 10.0.0.
I'm trying to no success now installing Esprade, a game that I legit own. Already downloaded sig/ex patches to no avail. Ripped my own game cart (it was factory sealed!), and nothing. Can't install the thing through goldleaf, neither lithium. XCI installs but it's corrupt after installation. NSP doesn't allow installing.
I gave up after ripping the seal of the game (was planning keeping it for collection). Imagine my frustration when I realized it wouldn't work. I can install other games with no problem.
If someone out there could give me a light of wisdom, I appreciate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOk5Cftpa4