vki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
0xc0a80001
XP
Country
the patch currently floating around(9421FFD0 - > 4E800020) , doesn't work on all chips. mainly the flat cable type.
i have a working one, it might work for d2ckey as well (i dont have one) if you have a d2ckey and like to test it pm me..
NO NOOBS! i'm talking about the pal version, only

the proper setup is considered:
- trucha on menu
- trucha on IOS53 at LEAST v5149
- patched dol / trucha signed image
- update removal is recommended
- no softmod

like that it should work right ayway on all drivecode mods. i can confirm wk1/2 d2pro/lite / winja.
no need to stuff your wii with loaders, or cioses or godknows what...
still fixing it in hardware would be much nicer...

if anyone has the original and is able to run some things, that would be helpful. (pm as well)

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you be more specific?

what error are you getting and what is the "everything" you have done? and how are you trying to run the backup? do you have a chip? if so, which one? etc etc

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vki might be on to something with regards to D2Ckey support. I'll report back tonight after I get to test a new main.dol patch.

megadeoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jetsets, I have D2Ckey and have done everything you said, and I get the "please eject disc and restart".
If I leave the disc inside and restart the wii, It gives me the banner brick message. No real banner brick though, I suppose.

t-bot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can also confirm that this is working from disc channel with an Argon 1.1 chip in a 4.1U wii:

a patched IOS60 v6174 (System menu 4.1U)
a patched IOS53 v5406
cIOS 0.38 v14
1:1 USA NSMBW copy with proper patch applied
update removed

Before that, I was able to get it working through NeoGammaR7 (without needing to change settings) with:
a patched IOS60 v6174
a clean IOS53 v5406
cIOS 0.38 v14
scrubbed PAL NSMBW (375M) patched using alt.dol method (NSMBW_FIX) and changed region to USA

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a d2ckey with 4.2 menu

I have trucha on IOS53 and IOS70 for the menu. I've tried the patched game and the unpatched game with disc channel, uloader and neogamma.

disc channel gives disc error after pressing start
uloader and neogammer give a green screen

I've tried everything in the huge thread, nothing more than a green screen. Has anyone gotten this working on a d2ckey? If they have then it must be something to do with 4.2

Sharu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a D2CKey on 4.0 and have the exact same problems as you, mackem (I've also tried all those methods), so I don't think it's related to the Wii firmware.

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be working great loading from a disc through the disc channel with vki's new dol patch.

I'm on 4.2U
D2Ckey
Truncha IOS53

looks like vki figured out how to patch the dol so that it's compatible with the D2Ckey.

GREAT WORK!

edit:

I've been playing now for over 30 minutes. no DRE's. great work, vki!

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jetsjets said:
Seems to be working great loading from a disc through the disc channel with vki's new dol patch.

I'm on 4.2U
D2Ckey
Truncha IOS53

looks like vki figured out how to patch the dol so that it's compatible with the D2Ckey.

GREAT WORK!

edit:

I've been playing now for over 30 minutes. no DRE's. great work, vki!

Is there a reason why this patch is secret and only available via pm's? I can try it out if you share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi