1. granville

OP granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    As I was searching GoNintendo, I found a link to a new DS game(s) called NRL Mascot Mania. There's also another similarly titled game called AFL Mascot Mania. The screenshots caught my eye as well as the info-

NFL Mascot Mania-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFL Mascot Mania-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game Info-

“NRL Mascot Mania brings your favourite team mascot to life in this fast paced action adventure that has you running, jumping and battling your way through some incredible 3D worlds”, said David Robles, Business Development Manager for Home Entertainment Suppliers.

“The NRL Mascot programme has been an important part of the NRL’s strategic direction for children and we are proud to have such an amazing game available”, said Paul Kind, Director of Commercial & Marketing for the National Rugby League.

The features of NRL Mascot Mania include:

* Choose between 16 team mascots, each with their own superpowers
    * Explore and conquer 48 fantasy environments using your Super Abilities
    * Battle your enemies using Fiery Fists and Ground Smash, or unleash your mascot’s special attack
    * Face off against other team mascots in an epic boss-battle clash
    * Mini games including an un-lockable NRL mini-match
    * Find, collect, and trade NRL player cards with your friends wirelessly to boost your team in the mini-match.

I'm not a sports person and know next to nothing about sports, but this seems to be an action platforming game involving sports mascots with some minigames thrown in. The graphics caught my eye at least. Does anyone know anything about these games? Apparently, both of these games are going on sale July 2. Yes, they could be shovelware, but they caught my eye.

http://www.mascotgame.com.au/NRL/page.php?request=media
    http://www.mascotgame.com.au/AFL/page.php?request=media
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=82498

2. Blake1710

Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

it be great to have a rugby league game on the ds

just hope that the part where you play NRL/AFL is a tiny minigame with no replay value.

also, if anyone is confused they're both aussie football codes.

3. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Senegal

Im sure there will be a whole chunk of gameplay dedicated to the mascots or else theres no need for the "mascot mania"... plus most of the screens show the mascots and not the players....

4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Heh heh, these look awful, will have to give them a shot. Who's developing?

EDIT: Wicked-Witch Software, who were behind the console versions of Space Chimps. Promising. Sarcasm.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Mascot, Mania,