D-Sun who was called D-Moon
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I have been looking into this 3DS game for a while now and plan on picking it up this week.

So my questions are :

- Is there a group or anyone here who is currently playing this game ?

- Any tips you can give someone new to this series ?

- How is the online component ?

- Are you able to do any online trading ?

Thanks in advance, and I will be playing this on my Old 3DS-XL

Chickenhunterx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to play it all the time stopped playing so my buddy could catch up but iv been I fan of the series since monster hunter freedom on psp that said it isn't for everyone
Starting out is very slow going takes a while to hunt anything fun. Monster drops can be frustrating especially after the 30th time killing the same monster just to upgrade your weapon or armor. There's alot of weapons to chose from and you start with low rank one of each type so use all of them and see which one suits your playing style.
Trading is limited to items of rarity 3 and lower so in the middle of a hunt you Gan give your buddy some potions or food if they need it and as for online play never used it couldn't tell you how it is

Last edited by Chickenhunterx,
Reactions: breaktemp

Chickenhunterx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only armor restrictions apply to what class you of weapon your using bow gun heavy bow gun and bow are in the gunners class class while everything from the sword and shield to the switch axe are in the blademasters class the gunners class doesn't offer the defense of the blade master armor but it usually offers more skill points and as for the online portion I can't really say I tried it with mh3u but it didn't have chat support making coordinating with your teammates pretty much impossible

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so "Bow" weapons restrict you to Bow Armor while "Blade" weapons restrict you to Blade Armor ?

If so, thanks for that tip.

Oh, so there is no voice chat in the online portion of MH4U ?

Also, when creating or improving weapons/armor does it let you know what items you need ?

Rather once you obtain the items required, can you make the upgrades with 100% success ?

Reactions: Abcdfv

Chickenhunterx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah you can go to the smith they'll let you know what you need but as for getting those items they might be from a low rank high rank or g ranked monster it won't tell you that but armor/weapon creation is 100%

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, that is great to hear !

Hmm, sounds like that is the hierarchy of the items quality ?

* Low < High < G *

So once I collect the materials and make the gear...would there be a way to further customize that item ?

Like enhance it's attack or defense ?

Chickenhunterx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well with armor you can mine/find armor spheres to to increase your armors defense but weapons your kinda stuck with what you got like you can upgrade them to higher tiers with the right materials but chances are your gonna have like 5 different types of your favorite weapon for there bonus elemental damage later on so be sure to look up each weapons upgrading path so you don't waste resources on duplicate weapons

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, so once you create a weapon/armor you have the option to upgrade it in different ways ?

Like if I get the materials to make Sword-A...I could have the ability to upgrade it in different routes ?

Rather Sword-A could be upgraded into Sword-B, Sword-C, or Sword-D if I have the correct materials to do so ?

If this is true...that sure is a very deep customization system ^_^"

Also, these "spheres" you mention...since you can equip them to armor, are you able to change them at will ?

Rather, once you set a sphere to an item...is there no way to remove it ?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armor spheres improve the base stats, decorations can be added to armor and weapons with the slots for them, which will unlock bonus skills depending on which ones you install. You can remove and replace them.

Yeah, that's how weapon upgrades work.

Chickenhunterx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Armor spheres improve the base stats, decorations can be added to armor and weapons with the slots for them, which will unlock bonus skills depending on which ones you install. You can remove and replace them.

Yeah, that's how weapon upgrades work.
How could I forgot about decorations guess Its been longer than I thought since I last played

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
Is there a group or anyone here who is currently playing this game?
I am. Though I have stopped playing a while and now I'm back playing from time to time. Currently on HR 400 something.

Any tips you can give someone new to this series?
This game has a steep learning curve if you have never played any Monster Hunter games. Get used to the monster patterns, UI, and your main weapon. Look up guides online for both weapon and strategy.
Kiranico is a great website for MH4U needs. YouTube is also a good place for MH4U stuff.

How is the online component?
Very well handled actually, even with slow connection speed I can still play without and lags at all. You can invite your friends online or join any random rooms, you can also play locally.
Make sure you get yourself accustomed to the online "mannerism", share the supply box, leave Max Potions for the carted, ignore trolls, and be nice.
However I am still upset you need to use quick messages as a communication device while hunting, there is also a lack of voice chat.

Are you able to do any online trading?
You can "give" any item to others as long as it's a RARE 3 or below. Nice people will help you grind for any needed materials.

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@Ericjwg

Fair enough, I got caught up with the Pokémon VGC this year and really did not get around to playing much else.

A friend had the game at our pokemon league and after watching them play got me interested in this series.

@Abcdfv

It is great to hear that you can equip and detact sphere ^_^ !!

I was worried it was like Dragon Age: Inquisition's Runes where once you equip it to a weapon it is stuck on there.

Hmm, so the spheres increase your stats and give your bonus skills...not bad.

@storm75x

Thanks for the response, it has been very helpful.

Glad to hear we can do online trades !!

When you say Rare 3 items, does that include weapons, armor, and spheres ?

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armor spheres and decorations are two separate things. As far as trading, it's limited to the most basic of items. Pretty anything you get from killing something can't be traded. I think only the starting weapons in each set can be traded.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Armor spheres and decorations are two separate things. As far as trading, it's limited to the most basic of items. Pretty anything you get from killing something can't be traded. I think only the starting weapons in each set can be traded.
u can't trade weapon

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, do you know of a site that has compiled a list of tradable items ?

* I am going to do a google search for it now *

Also, I would like to do an online hunt with everyone here...once I obtain and get used to this game.
it's not really a trade, just a help system...... In case of emergency needs. like u forgot potions, your partner can give u some....
all items in this game have rarity, those u can send to others are r3 or lower. (r1 - r3 mostly are miscellaneous...)

all the materials for crafting weapons and armors, u have to hunt them down yourself.

u can't trade!

Last edited by Sonansune,

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, do you know of a site that has compiled a list of tradable items ?

* I am going to do a google search for it now *

Also, I would like to do an online hunt with everyone here...once I obtain and get used to this game.
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

Best site for detailed information about pretty much anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1