Gaming Notice Skyward Sword has little bit problem

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
without the bar some of the calibration bugs from the E3 demo reappear, so it's better to leave the bar plugged in and to be in front f the Tv

EugeneSalvador

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
They dropped IR support (the sensor bar) completely for this game, so it relies totally on the Motion Plus. It's really annoying since aiming is way off and it's really laggy. You get used to it eventually, but it's not the pin-point accuracy you got with the sensor bar.
Really? I guess this game will suck for me. Even though it has nice graphics, I won't tolerate the problem that my controls will be laggy/unresponsive/delayed.

What a nice move, Nintendo. Dropping the sensor bar support.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They dropped IR support (the sensor bar) completely for this game, so it relies totally on the Motion Plus. It's really annoying since aiming is way off and it's really laggy. You get used to it eventually, but it's not the pin-point accuracy you got with the sensor bar.
Really? I guess this game will suck for me. Even though it has nice graphics, I won't tolerate the problem that my controls will be laggy/unresponsive/delayed.

Actually I'm loving it.
I'm playing SS on a 22" TV on my desk, so when I'm sitting close to it I can't really point at the screen, unless I uncomfortably lift my right arm so that is within reach of the sensor bar.
It's such a problem for me, that I actually played MW3 with a CC.
With Zelda however, doesn't really matter where I'm pointing, because when I hit the camera button or the menu button the cursor gets calibrated to the center of the screen, no matter where I'm pointing at. Then I just turn to the desired direction, and I'm able to do my choice.
In a way there is a lot more freedom, one doesn't have to constantly point at the screen, Of course the whole experience is somewhat less smooth/responsive, compared to the IR ( because we are so used to it ) but it has its advantages never the less.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
That's not true, they use the sensor bar for calibration right after booting the game.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised this topic isn't closed yet lol. How did this topic go from a question about controls to a debate on sentence structure? Anyways, I haven't started this game yet and am planning on starting it today. I bought the game (with the gold remote and soundtrack :P), but I enjoy playing my games from a usb loader. What ios is necessary for this game to run in cfg? It boots fine in my gecko os, but like I said, I'd rather play off my harddrive :yay:

JossyHadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I think I better make a video for my reaction. Aww forget it. This is not going to work.

hi i am deaf too. i understand you.
think of this.

1) motion control -- censor bar (black bar below or on top of your tv)
2) motion control -- wiimotion plus (attachment to your wiimote or built-inside wiimote)

these are 2 different techniques.

Twilight Princess Wii uses 1) only.
Skyward Sword Wii uses 2) only.

The end.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true, they use the sensor bar for calibration right after booting the game.
there is an update to the disk.. this doesn't touch anything(ios,cios). an thats what it fixes, just because of the way you handle the wii mote (using as sword). i test the update on neek2o. an it ran fine after words. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...