Note to self: Anime+Autism=Awesome Video!

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so we've been planning a trip to Las Vegas and Knott's Berry Farm. I had showed my cousin POV roller coaster videos on Youtube. She has autism, and she's on the low functioning end of the spectrum, but she's rather cute and loves roller coasters. So I had a spare copy of Kiki's Delivery Service and gave it to my cousin, who loves anime. Now my cousin had gone upstairs and told us she was going to fly away on a broom. I told her to go get it so she did. I didn't record the first take, but she said that the broom was broken and got another one, this time into the backyard. So I got my phone (I can't find the cable to transfer my videos to my computer) and changed the resolution, thinking that I had set it on the worst (when I changed it, it was to the worst because I wasn't thinking straight) and recorded it. When I realized what had happened I was going to load it into Sony Vegas 8 to make it look slightly better, but then I remembered that my cell phone doesn't like direct footage and I would have to find a converter. I couldn't find one that worked properly so I just decided to load the video onto Youtube anyway. Dear god it's hilarious! Even at the bad quality...I need a new camera...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2u3o3GJsKk[/youtube]​

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
That's actually pretty adorable. Mad props for entertaining an autistic child! I also happen to have an autistic cousin, and his parents have been having so much problems with him because he's 3, and still doesn't speak. He mostly reacts emotionally when he watches the Toy Story movies, though...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always imagine autism with people really out of this world, not talking, not reacting to their environment.
That may be only one kind of autism.

In your video, she seems as she focused on the anime, and is having fun playing that role.

I followed a GBAtemp member's kid first years of his life (he will be 7 years old in June), he was not talking, or very few words. started getting interest in things around him only at age of 4.
We don't have much news since 3 years now. I hope all the family is doing fine.

I can't imagine how hard it was for them, all medical visits, all starring from other people and even family members, no school wanted him, etc.
I think it was/is the same for your cousin.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
That is ADORABLE!!! I loved the video. Although yeah, the quality sorta sucked.
tongue.gif

So thats what your voice sounds like.
smile.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
I can't imagine how hard it was for them, all medical visits, all starring from other people and even family members, no school wanted him, etc.
Really? I can't imagine that happening over here in the Netherlands. I mean, we've got one kid with autism in our class, some people know about it but don't pick on him about his autism. He is a bit "weird" sometimes though, but, that seems to be a rule out here, not an exception. Almost everyone on my school is acting as a weirdo at least once every week, if not day.
Not only that, there's also a kid in my class who sots in an electric wheelchair for whatever reason I don't seem to know even though I'm actually a friend of hers. She also doesn't get picked on. Seriously though, the more I read about fucked up shit in different countries (USA mostly, Germany with the sensoring, etc.) the happier I am that I live in the Netherlands.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww... I always feel bad whenever I see videos of people and their autism.

You're cousin, however, looks really happy. I hope she stays happy!
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Berthenk said:
Cyan said:
Really? I can't imagine that happening over here in the Netherlands. I mean, we've got one kid with autism in our class, some people know about it but don't pick on him about his autism. He is a bit "weird" sometimes though, but, that seems to be a rule out here, not an exception. Almost everyone on my school is acting as a weirdo at least once every week, if not day.
Not only that, there's also a kid in my class who sots in an electric wheelchair for whatever reason I don't seem to know even though I'm actually a friend of hers. She also doesn't get picked on. Seriously though, the more I read about fucked up shit in different countries (USA mostly, Germany with the sensoring, etc.) the happier I am that I live in the Netherlands.
That user was from japan. I can't talk in her place and explain it well, it's only things I remember reading on her blog.
At first her husband family acted as if it was her fault that the kid born prematured and with autism (6 months pregnancy instead of 9).
I think the family accepted it then.

About the school, it's like there's no real structure to welcome kids with handicap in kindergarten, they don't have medical structure or personal to keep him. he needs (needed?) more attention than other children.
They finally found a school which accepted him last year.

(Ps : Sorry, some words I used seems to not exist in english :/)

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
I have autism, and I'm *so* offended.
Neh, but video quality sucks.
But I do really have autism.

Yeah I know, I recorded in the wrong resolution to begin with. It's a cell phone, I have no idea where the cable is to my video camera (It uses Hi8 tapes...yes it is old...I'm gonna get a new one eventually) so I couldn't put it on my desktop, not to mention Sony Vegas has issues with accepting videos from cell phone cameras for editing...the last video I had to convert and I have no idea which converter I used. My cousin is pretty low functioning and I've helped raise her. She's 14 right now and she was pretty happy. We're going to Vegas tomorrow and Knott's Berry Farm on Thursday. I showed her roller coaster videos on Youtube and she's really excited, she loves roller coasters. Hopefully she will stay happy too...she's been in a foul mood lately...I guess it's the teenage thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5