Homebrew Not64 Update

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I made some small tweaks to the compatibility page and updated it with some links. Now to start actually updating the notes :P For the version I reckon it will be easiest to just stick with whatever the .zip file is called e.g. latest would be "Not64 20150205".

Nice, thank you dude. :)

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star wars shadows of the empire plays now but every texture is numbers and random colors. EDIT: It won't go past the title screen anymore.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
guys i need some help from anyone that has an account on gc-forever i tryed without sucess to creat an account i can creat t just fine but the activation email never arrives i tryed 2 diferent mails and same issue and it says to conteact an admin but since i cant activate my acc i cant contact an admin...

if anyone has an account there could anyone say to any of the admins that the accounts of pedro702 or gon635 cant recieve the confirmation email? tryed the resending and nope never arrives either.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
guys i need some help from anyone that has an account on gc-forever i tryed without sucess to creat an account i can creat t just fine but the activation email never arrives i tryed 2 diferent mails and same issue and it says to conteact an admin but since i cant activate my acc i cant contact an admin...

if anyone has an account there could anyone say to any of the admins that the accounts of pedro702 or gon635 cant recieve the confirmation email? tryed the resending and nope never arrives either.
I just sent emukidid the message. I'll let you know what happens.

Reactions: pedro702

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it is cool that it shows stuff at all now, even if it is still buggy.

https://vid.me/yS8g
Here's a lil vid I made, to get in-game just mash the start button to skip the fmv.
I'm using rev1.1 of re2 usa, irc rev1.0 had save game problems on the real cartridge.

cpu framebuffer: off
2xSal : off
FB textures: off
cpu core: dynarec
controller paks: mempak
disable audio: no
speed limit: VI
scale pitch: Yes

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's a lil vid I made, to get in-game just mash the start button to skip the fmv.
I'm using rev1.1 of re2 usa, irc rev1.0 had save game problems on the real cartridge.

That's quite something!
At last, my dream of being able to play my beloved N64 port of RE2 is almos at hand! :D

I bet it all relies now on the graphics plugin for the most part.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik that was how it always played it never reached further than that.
Yeah but I was able to get past the title screen and play the game. But fhen it wouldn't let me go the past the title screen again. I tried using a save state from wii64 but for some reason it would crash before getting into gameplay.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's what I do to get into gameplay but it is so buggy that it crashes before you can get anywhere.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No plugin version for the latest? Also, per game settings that are loaded as the game starts would be nice.
right now that isnt advisable becuase those things will change alot since not64 still has a long way to go, some games that require some setting might not even require them in the future its better for ppl to try them out and see whats best.

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
LTRFTP:

Just updated Not64 and attempted to load it through Abz WiiFlow Masterpiece. Now I just get blank icons.
Using WiiU. Have deleted the .dol from apps as well as wiiflow's source files. It just refuses to load the menu text.
Strangely it works fine through HBC. Have cleared cache/deleted -re-added. No joy.
imagerkpjy.jpg
Any suggestions? At my wits end. Apologies if wrong thread.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
LTRFTP:

Just updated Not64 and attempted to load it through Abz WiiFlow Masterpiece. Now I just get blank icons.
Using WiiU. Have deleted the .dol from apps as well as wiiflow's source files. It just refuses to load the menu text.
Strangely it works fine through HBC. Have cleared cache/deleted -re-added. No joy.
imagerkpjy.jpg
Any suggestions? At my wits end. Apologies if wrong thread.
did you use the dol in my pack? if you downloaded not64 it from official link you need to rename /apps/not64/boot.dol to not64.dol and copy it to /wiiflow/plugins

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone explain what is the DL on the show fps what does it mean and does an low value or extremely high affect?

DL/s is Display Lists per Second, which I think is the FPS it's running at. N64 games are coded to run at different speeds, like OOT which is 20 DL/s. If it's running full speed then VI/s should be 60 (or 50 for PAL).

Reactions: pedro702

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
did you use the dol in my pack? if you downloaded not64 it from official link you need to rename /apps/not64/boot.dol to not64.dol and copy it to /wiiflow/plugins

I've now used your most recent plugin/.ini file from your thread. Text is back. Not had any joy updating though so will manually add all files and go again. Thanks for the speedy response.

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME release Extrems! Thank you.

Games tested and issues (only fighting games wich im into heavily and CV):

Dark Rift: crashes at start

Castlevania 64: black screen (but not a crash, you press the eject button and it goes to the emu menu)

CV: Legacy of Darkness: crashes the Wii

Mace the Dark Age: Speed 100%, texture issues, character vs screen and title font issues. Music and sound good.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy N64: Random slowdowns up to 40fps at some points (not present on cart on the same instances)

Mortal Kombat 4: FLAWLESS 60/60 fps BUT...... the usual layer issue (no life bars, no text on combo readings, no maximum damage, pause menu not visible), flawless music and sounds.

War Gods: Flawless 30/30 fps and sound BUT texture issues on the arenas. Blinking screen fixed with FB textures ON.

Again AWESOME WORK Extrems!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I would recommend using Wii64.
Download Link: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64

Why? Wii64 is absolute shit and outdated as hell. You've gotta be kidding me, Not64 is the emulator Wii64 never was. That's the dumbest suggestion I've ever heard.

What?

How could you recommend Wii64 "Honey" when obviously Not64 has so much more in favor?

Not64 IS Wii64, with a lot of tweaks and fixes to make more game playable and with better FPS.

That's the dumbest suggestion I've heard yet, I hope he's kidding.

Wii64 updated in 2011, Not64 updated in 2015, gee, I wonder what's better! :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....