Not64 emulation issue

i_o_l_o_i

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if anyone has this problem, but whenever I boot up an N64 rom hack like Super Mario Bros 64, it crashed after getting the first star. I thinking it's because i dived and then got the star at the end, but other rom hacks I've tried like Mario 64 Land crash seconds after booting up on my Wii U. Anyone have a solution or problems similar to this. :wink:

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit..
You mention Mario 64 Land which I have tried on vWii with Wii64Rice. Game boots and plays pretty well. Got through 1st level with a little lag but more than playable.

I also tried injecting the rom for wii u menu and it does black screen. A lot of Mario 64 hacks do this due to the memory requiring expansion which can only be done on PC emulators. I've only seen success with Mario 64 Portal, Mario 64 3d World and Mario 64 Odyssey. All made by the same author but not injected by me.

These hacks use the original levels however and Mario 64 Land is a complete overhaul of levels, power ups, mechanics etc. I wouldn't hold out much hope for this one as an inject but as stated, on vWii and wii64Rice, it does play.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
Reactions: Alexander1970

i_o_l_o_i

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit..
You mention Mario 64 Land which I have tried on vWii with Wii64Rice. Game boots and plays pretty well. Got through 1st level with a little lag but more than playable.

I also tried injecting the rom for wii u menu and it does black screen. A lot of Mario 64 hacks do this due to the memory requiring expansion which can only be done on PC emulators. I've only seen success with Mario 64 Portal, Mario 64 3d World and Mario 64 Odyssey. All made by the same author but not injected by me.

These hacks use the original levels however and Mario 64 Land is a complete overhaul of levels, power ups, mechanics etc. I wouldn't hold out much hope for this one as an inject but as stated, on vWii and wii64Rice, it does play.

I might see if mario 64 land works. I wonder why Not64 hasn't been updated at all. Is it because of issues of the people gave up. I hope to maybe help once i learn how to make emulators.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn