Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VVoltz™ said:
Cool thread!
225px-Firestorm_raymond.jpg
Basically Firestorm was by far my favorite superhero, is is basically able to to anything! as he controls atoms.
He is also very unique because he us the fusion of two people.

He's been more than two people lol

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
VVoltz™ said:
Cool thread!
225px-Firestorm_raymond.jpg
Basically Firestorm was by far my favorite superhero, is is basically able to to anything! as he controls atoms.
He is also very unique because he us the fusion of two people.

He's been more than two people lol
Really?, well, I never read a comic about him, I just met him in the TV series, he was the AWESOMO!, besides him i think you, thebobevil are my favorite lesser super(anti)hero. =)

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Since someone already did Filipino superheroes...

zsazsa.jpg

QUOTE said:
Zaturnnah, a powerful and voluptuous female with large red hair and a muscular physique, is reminiscent of the DC Comics character Wonder Woman and the classic Filipino superhero Darna. The distinct difference is the sexuality of her alter ego Ada, who is an effeminate homosexual male. The proprietor of a small town beauty salon, Ada receives a huge stone that, when ingested, physically transforms him into Zsazsa Zaturnnah.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zatanna is awesome ... they are really doing better and better things with her, all the time ...

Did you see her in the Trenchcoat Brigade mini, when she turns out to be an ex of John Constantine?

Or, more recently, when she was trying to help Mary Marvel cope with her new powers, and the influences of Eclipso?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First the joke (Ah Ha)

Then... Dawn By Linsner

dawn2003.jpg

She may not be a "superhero" but she makes me a man-o-steel if you get what I'm saying...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thebobevil said:
funem said:
Though well known to comic readers but not so well know outside that circle, it has surprised me how Hollywood whilst looking for a marketable character that would look good with all the special effects technology available today have completely overlooked or bypassed Green Lantern. Hal Jordan his alter ego, a test pilot, a great angle for a film to start with. Has a ring that can summon forth anything that he can imagine, special effects guys could have a field day, it also gives him the ability to fly, even in space.

Green Lantern has been under option by a movie company for a couple years now ... they have until 2011 to start filming, then they lose the option ...

Yeh I know but unfortunately this is not the first time its been like this, Crying shame really, it has all the elements needed to make a good summer blockbuster film, asuming they dont screw it up like they always do by changing the key elements of the story.

Firestorm was a cool character when it first came out, didnt like DC's reboot of the character though, its just not the same.

One strange hero I remember was "Brother Power the Geek" a strange character that was even picked up by briefly by Neil Gaiman and then Mike Allred.

One of my favorites and very underrated because it looks like a kids comic was Bone by Jeff Smith. If you like comics you really must have a look at it, it can move slowly at times but the characters and dialogue are excelent and can be read by a kid and an adult, working on many different levels, there has been a game made of it and a film is being looked at.

Then you can move on to concrete and then cerberus the aardvark ( which had a crossover with spawn at one point )

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
funem said:
thebobevil said:
funem said:
Though well known to comic readers but not so well know outside that circle, it has surprised me how Hollywood whilst looking for a marketable character that would look good with all the special effects technology available today have completely overlooked or bypassed Green Lantern. Hal Jordan his alter ego, a test pilot, a great angle for a film to start with. Has a ring that can summon forth anything that he can imagine, special effects guys could have a field day, it also gives him the ability to fly, even in space.

Green Lantern has been under option by a movie company for a couple years now ... they have until 2011 to start filming, then they lose the option ...

Yeh I know but unfortunately this is not the first time its been like this

What you may not know is, this time, it will get made, as superheroes are the flavor of the moment ... over 30 superhero movies are in script approval, pre-pre, casting, pre-production, and production, at this time ... with more being optioned almost weekly ... from the major to the obscure ...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thebobevil said:
funem said:
thebobevil said:
funem said:

Yeh I know but unfortunately this is not the first time its been like this

What you may not know is, this time, it will get made, as superheroes are the flavor of the moment ... over 30 superhero movies are in script approval, pre-pre, casting, pre-production, and production, at this time ... with more being optioned almost weekly ... from the major to the obscure ...

Yeh I know this, its been like this for years ( as I said I have been reading comics for over 30 years ). Most times they either let is slide because its not a safe bet like Batman and Superman or something that can apeal to a more mature audience like Blade, or make a crap film to keep the rights like Roger Corman's Fantastic Four movie....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
They'll probably see how JLA movie does (if it ever happens) before deciding whether to carry on with it. It should fail unless its animated.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JLA movie was years ago
tongue.gif

Piece o' crap TV movie ... lol

Speaking as someone who spent years in the film industry ... I can post my IMDB page link, if ya really want ... the Hollywood attitude towards superhero flicks has really changed ... fewer options are being allowed to slip through the net ... most are now being exploited ...

The only ones that are slipping, at the moment, tend to be the 'uncastables' ... movies that they simply cannot cast, due to a total lack of appropriate, and interested, artists ...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian said:
thebobevil said:
They'll probably see how JLA movie does (if it ever happens) before deciding whether to carry on with it. It should fail unless its animated.

If you want to see how bad a comic adaptation can get check out "Legends of the Superheroes" a two part live action sort of Superfriends, Justice League mix. It had Adam West and Burt Ward in it but even that couldnt save it. I still shudder thinking about it even now...... Oh that had Green Lantern in it.... nope sorry cant go on, it really was that bad....

Legends of the Superheroes
losh_brite987.jpg

JLA Movie
Justice_League_of_America_(Live_Action)_2.JPG

That has to be the fattest Atom I have ever seen

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading comics since I was little, I have always preffed Marvel.

One comic book char that everyone seems to know his name but nothing about him which drives me nuts. He is one of the most underrated comic book characters out there that many people just think he was cool in a movie but dont bother to actually read any of the comics.

surfer.gif

He is the man, he pwns just about everyone.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4man18 said:
I have been reading comics since I was little, I have always preffed Marvel.

One comic book char that everyone seems to know his name but nothing about him which drives me nuts. He is one of the most underrated comic book characters out there that many people just think he was cool in a movie but dont bother to actually read any of the comics.

surfer.gif

He is the man, he pwns just about everyone.

Love him, I got a VF (very fine) copy of Fantastic Four 48 for my 30th birtday.... one of my prized possesions.

180px-FF48.jpg

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
How about Supervillains?

One of my favourites is Bullseye:
250px-Bullseye5.jpg

I secretly wish I had his ability!
tongue.gif

As for Superheroes, my favourite is probably the Green Lantern, mentioned earlier in the thread! I see the mentions of a possible movie? If true, I think it would be awesome! I also like The Flash from the DC universe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...