Hacking Not recognizing my R4 at all

neipo13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had an R4 for a bit (although im somewhat positive its a fake but anyway) it hasn't had any problems aside from freezing every once in awhile. Just recently tho my DS wont even recognize that there is a card inserted at all. It starts up as if nothing is inserted at all, I don't know if the cart is broken, if i need a new firmware(although i have installed and reinstalled the official one a few times, and just recently tried to use YSmenu) or if it is my DS? Other DS games work fine but my r4 isnt recognized at all.
Help if you can or let me know if im screwed. Thanks

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neipo13 said:
So I've had an R4 for a bit (although im somewhat positive its a fake but anyway) it hasn't had any problems aside from freezing every once in awhile. Just recently tho my DS wont even recognize that there is a card inserted at all. It starts up as if nothing is inserted at all, I don't know if the cart is broken, if i need a new firmware(although i have installed and reinstalled the official one a few times, and just recently tried to use YSmenu) or if it is my DS? Other DS games work fine but my r4 isnt recognized at all.
Help if you can or let me know if im screwed. Thanks
This happens to me on occasion -- and not just with the R4 but actual cards too.
sometimes they just refuse to load, I use the old NES trick, blow into the slot and/or wipe the games contacts with alcohol.
If yours is a R4Clone it may have died or something.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same trouble with my cyclo evo. what i do is knock off the ds then pull the cyclo evo out.

Then put it back in then knock on the ds fingers crossed it works.

Nearly 5 time out of 10 the ds does this with my cyclo.

Doesn't do it with my edge card though funny isn't it.

brendenferguson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My legitimate R4 has the same problem, if i take it out and insert it enough times it will fix itself

but its probably less annoying to get a clone for 5 bucks...lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Pigs in a shaq