NOT LOADING! HELP

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by admotonic, Nov 5, 2009.

1. admotonic
    OP

admotonic GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2009
    New Zealand
    When I try to load my dstt it says I've got no menu. When I put the card onto the computer all of my files and games have been wiped and a random file random file has appeared called USBCÇ╢c . and says it is 3.85 gb. I went to properties for my sd card and it still has the original memory usage as before. All I want to do is load my games. What do I do?
    Was using 1.17a07
    Forgot to mention that it won't let me delete the file that randomly apeared on my sd card

2. nvidia5500

nvidia5500 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2008
    United States
    your memory card is corrupted. usually, if this happens to a usb drive i would perform a low level format. but since this is a memory card, i would rather replace it

3. Donato_Dobango

Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    And if you are still using Windows XP, make sure you "Safely Remove Hardware" before removing your USB drive from your PC.

4. NRT

NRT Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2008
    What does xp have to do with it? vista and 7 can still corrupt if you don't "safely remove"

5. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    it doesn't matter if it's Xp/vista/7 just use the safely remove hardware,reformat your sd card and install the a07 firmware again.if it happens once more then you have a faulty sd card

6. Donato_Dobango

Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    I do apologize, I was wrongly led to believe from a Vista using friend that they removed the "Safely Removed Hardware" feature.

If you are somehow on a mac, you can safely eject it by going to your main Finder woman and clicking eject disc on the icon of your card.

7. hvsep

hvsep GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
  8. admotonic
    OP

admotonic GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2009
    New Zealand
    Anyway Ill be able to restore all my roms and sav files once I do this cause I was an idiot and didnt back my files up

9. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    of course not,roms maybe(redownload)but not the .sav

10. fearofshorts

fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2009
    Melbourne
    Try Recova. It might (keyword here) get back some of your files and it's free.
    Otherwise: Panasonic SD Formatter!