Not enough free space to add image?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by teamgalactic, Sep 2, 2015.

1. teamgalactic
    OP

teamgalactic Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    Brazil
    Hey, guys.
    For some reason diskwriter is telling me that my 32gb micro sd card has negative available space (-3.425 Mb), so whenever I try to write games on it I get a "not enough free space to add image" error. The microsd itself works fine on my pc/phone, correctly showing how much space it has (31.7 gb) and it is a new card (I bought it just for the sky3ds), never used before. So, basically, the storage problem only happens on diskwriter. I already tried formating/reformating it several times, both by using diskwriter and some other programs, and I still keep getting the same error.
    It's a sandisk card, if this makes any difference, and I'm using a usb reader.

2. trigao

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    try panasonic sd formater.... full erase, overwrite

3. XeR ッ

XeR ッ Not sure if i still wanna be here.

Aug 6, 2015
    France
    SECREEEEEEET
    ReFormat from DiskWriter Tool ?

4. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    No he meant use the program SD formatter by panasonic as it does a full erase format. But you will lose everything on it and start over so make sure you have the games you can put back after.

5. XeR ッ

XeR ッ Not sure if i still wanna be here.

Aug 6, 2015
    France
    SECREEEEEEET
    Yes but the format WILL fail , he NEEDS to ReFormat from diskwriter.

6. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    Actually I the way I have done it is to use the command prompt with diskpart. And then go in diskwriter to do their format.

XeR ッ likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice