"not a wii disk" wtf

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ThaDraGun, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ThaDraGun
    OP

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Hmmm.. not sure whats going on. I just updated my friends wii, and I thought everything was good. I have a problem tho if I try to install a game I get an error: "not a wii disc. Insert a wii disc!" I've tried different games and they all give the error. I tried resetting and no luck

Ive tried
    usbloader gx v2.0c
    cfg loader v65

Both have the same error.

I just installed a Wasabi DX chip, its now updated to firmware 4.2u. (I updated using http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below)
    The backup games work fine on the loaders, and the original games play fine as well. I just cant backup discs.

any ideas?

2. marinaio67

marinaio67 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2011
    Italy
    Sorry for my English, I'm Italian and I am translating with google .... I had the same problem but with the wiikey fusion ... I could not install the original games and I could not even read through the loader ... also often had to keep an original game in the wii otherwise hangs loading backup games from usb .... I have solved all these problems by removing the wiikey fusion, I believe that you should remove the wasabi and everything will be okay. Hello [​IMG]

3. ThaDraGun
    OP

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    I cant really take the chip out. Its the only one I have. Any other suggestions of what it could be?

Thanks for the reply

4. wiixale

wiixale GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2008
    Italy
    Yeah, it could be the chip the problem!

Try the things I said you on the CFG topic, but the chip could make the difference.

5. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    i'd take out the chip
    they're not needed for usb-loading but known to interfere with ripping
    at least try to disable it (in it's settings)

or as a desperate last measure cut it's power wire

6. glocky23

glocky23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2010
    I had the same problem. "Not a Wii disc" error in CFG for original discs. System 4.2E. Fixed when turned off Wiikey fusion in its menu. Thanks for the suggestions