mekaone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I got the Wiikey installed and I have a Wiikey SD card adapter and I have tried to use 2 different SanDisk SD cards with nothing working at all!
One SanDisk is a 2GB SD and the other is a 2GB MicroSD in a SD adapter both formatted with formatSD.bat and I have used 2 different Wiikey SD card adapters from the same production batch. Every time I try to use it I get the "ERROR Can't read card" message. Just in case it may be something with the card adapters I have I just purchased a Gecko SD card adapter from Amazon.com and I am going to try that but till then, does any one have any ideas as to anything else I should do?
Some place I looked told me to try to format the SD to a FAT 32 and then use formatSD.bat and that did not work. I'll try almost anything to get this working.
Can any one help or give some friendly advice please?
Thanks
smile.gif

mekaone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something else to add.
While formatting the the SD cards it stated it was padding the file. When it was dome I looked at the file in Windows XP and it showed that the disk was full with the exception for 10MB. Should it show Full? Is that what's being padded? Any idea anyone? Thanks.

mekaone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something else to add.
While formatting the the SD cards it stated it was padding the file. When it was dome I looked at the file in Windows XP and it showed that the disk was full with the exception for 10MB. Should it show Full? Is that what's being padded? Any idea anyone? Thanks.

mekaone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. The first time I hit post it told me the server was busy and the next time it gave me something about My SQL bad and I thought the last time went OK but to my surprise it posted 3 times. Sorry about the three posts.

mekaone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone cares? I found out the problem.
On the rounded side of the SD adapter card it is not thick enough to press in some spring type switches they lets the Wii know there is something in that card slot so I took some Post-it notes (Around 10 thick) and cut them 1" long and 3/8" wide on the glue area. I then placed it above the slight indentation at the bottom of the rounded side and then taped it down. Now everything works.
If you look at the Game Cube memory card there is a small metal bar that takes care of this but on the aftermarket Wiikey SD adapter there is nothing so padding this and taping it down works very good for me.
If anyone is interested I can post a picture of what it looks like.
I just purchased a Gecko SD adapter but it has not been shipped yet so once it gets to me I am hoping it is going to work better than this one so I can put these away and use something that works out of the box.
Has anyone used the Gecko SD adapter and how does it work for them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh