1. Methanoid

OP Methanoid GBAtemp Regular

Never even tried it... so couple dumb Qs

1) Are eShop releases and other releases radically different eg Blade.Strangers.eShop.NSW-BigBlueBox and Blade_Strangers_NSW-VENOM - enough that I should use one over the other or in any way should I prefer one over the other?

2) Are scene releases a single file (like an NDS rom for example) or archives of many little files (comparing WUD to RPX releases on WiiU for example).

Thanks.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. The only difference in files such as those is the group who dumps the files. BigBlueBox has been around longer than Venom so logically its more worthwhile to trust BBB over Venom
    2. Depends on how its uploaded which varies with the size of what they're uploading in the first place. Switch scene releases have mostly been uploaded as one file in my experience

3. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually i feel it is important to point out that xci loads over usb and nsp does not so that might be worth considering also pro tip you can pack xci with updates using ncb

4. Methanoid

OP Methanoid GBAtemp Regular

Meh

Last edited by Methanoid, Jan 23, 2019
  5. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i do sort of answer you you are just new. Since I have a big usb to me xci is the way to go. Updates and the space they can take up starts to become a real hassle so its important to know a good way to manage (like bundling into xci) to be honest that's much better info then ur second q is asking which if u care why not just examine the files?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    What? We could install .NSP files over USB way before TX even thought of the idea.

7. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    correct but that's actually nothing to do with what i am explaining (which is why i am explaining it) you cannot launch and play an nsp from usb you can only install it.

HUGE DIFFERENCE....

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emulation, Switch,