Hardware Noob questions regarding wii mod chips

Kumo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a wii with a D2C chipset, and am planning to install a mod chip so I can play backups.
Apparently, the Wasabi Zero is the best chip out there. Would you agree?
And is the Wasabi Zero chip the only thing needed to be put in the wii to play back ups, or do I need something els installed together?
What exactly is the intallation process? What is a wii clip?
If I have the mod chip installed, would I still be able to update my wii's firmware?
wacko.gif
Sorry, this is all very confusing to me. Help is very much appreciated.

SpikeyBryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasabi is nice

The installation process is basically, opening up your wii, and installing a chip to the DVD Drive on your wii. You can either solder the wires to the wii or just use a Wii-Clip

A Wii clip is a clip that lets you solder the chip to it (many sites have an option to have your chip soldered for a little bit more money ) and just lets you clip it onto the wii, and avoid the soldering.

You are still able to update the firmware, as long as you don't care for the homebrew channel and things like that.

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Wiikey 2, but all of the chips ultimately work the same. The only thing you need is to plug it in, burn a DVD, and play. Make sure you have a DVD player too, sometimes you think you have one, but you don't.

I believe the Wasabi Zero can come with a solderless clip so the WiiClip is not needed. Don't quote me on that, look into to it.

SpikeyBryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcjones92 said:
I believe the Wasabi Zero can come with a solderless clip so the WiiClip is not needed. Don't quote me on that, look into to it.

it doesn't really matter what kind of clip it comes with, because most retailers offer it as a nice little bundle
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?