Hacking Noob question

splattered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a DS Simply in the mail soon, and i bought this Kingston 1gb Micro SD card for $13 including shipping... http://www.supermediastore.com/kingston-mi...tml#description I've read on this site that people are having problems with these cards... in another thread someone said castlevania isn't compatible with the Kingston? Does anyone know why and is there a patch out there to fix this problem?

Also, i have probably 10 games, and i plan on find/making a backup of my copy of all MY games including castlevania por, if it will work.... is there a way to transfer my game saves from the DS Cart over to the Micro SD card? I'm not sure how all of that works...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've read on this site that people are having problems with these cards... in another thread someone said castlevania isn't compatible with the Kingston? Does anyone know why and is there a patch out there to fix this problem?
Castlevania PoR locks up semi-randomly on just about every flashcart, but it happens far more frequently with slow SD cards. With a fast microSD card the game almost never crashes. The Kingston cards that are made in Japan are very good, the ones made in Taiwan are not as good.

This currently only applies to this one game. The made in Taiwan Kingstons should work just about as well as the Japanese ones for every other game.

QUOTEAlso, i have probably 10 games, and i plan on find/making a backup of my copy of all MY games including castlevania por, if it will work.... is there a way to transfer my game saves from the DS Cart over to the Micro SD card? I'm not sure how all of that works...
I don't think that there is any way to do this with a slot 1 flash cart at this point in time. There is a program (called Rein, or something similar) that will let you do this with some slot 2 carts, and the G6 lite has this ability built in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-