Homebrew Noob Question....

Ihavean11.03ds...

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is noob but can i install al9h on my new 3ds which is on firmware 11.0 or no? and if i cant is there any work around on installing that. and also, how do i run 3desmune on homebrew? i have the roms and the 3dsx file but its not working

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is noob but can i install al9h on my new 3ds which is on firmware 11.0 or no? and if i cant is there any work around on installing that. and also, how do i run 3desmune on homebrew? i have the roms and the 3dsx file but its not working

Before anything, you have to block Nintendo servers in you internet connection to blockthe Browser Nag.
If you have already that, then it's not possible to run homebrew on v11.

To block it, set your DNS to Manual and enter this DNS on both primary and secondary:
SOURCE: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Then launch browserhax and install menuhax. The boot rate is low but it's doable.

You can install A9LH, YES but will require either a Hardmod or another 3ds with CFW already install.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade

yup, and on 11.0 it's pretty much unplayable
WRONG! You can play homebrew and emulators on 11
Please, stop saying things you don't know or don't care to explain properly.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anything, you have to block Nintendo servers in you internet connection to blockthe Browser Nag.
If you have already that, then it's not possible to run homebrew on v11.

To block it, set your DNS to Manual and enter this DNS on both primary and secondary:
SOURCE: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Then launch browserhax and install menuhax. The boot rate is low but it's doable.

You can install A9LH, YES but will require either a Hardmod or another 3ds with CFW already install.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade

WRONG! You can play homebrew and emulators on 11
Please, stop saying things you don't know or don't care to explain properly.
i said pretty much, as in very slow. I didn't say it didn't boot up. Without dynarec on 11.0 the emulator slows down to a crawl. Im stating facts that i have verified myself.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Ihavean11.03ds...

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright and since im running an 11.0 firmware, would i have to update? or wait to hardmord my 3ds or just wait for a kernel exploit to come out(if one ever does) and also my friend has a 2ds with cfw installed can i use that to downgrade my n3ds? so many questions i need to ask...

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright and since im running an 11.0 firmware, would i have to update? or wait to hardmord my 3ds or just wait for a kernel exploit to come out(if one ever does) and also my friend has a 2ds with cfw installed can i use that to downgrade my n3ds? so many questions i need to ask...
you can either run a hardmod, or use a second cfw enabled 3ds to mod the first one

EDIT: just saw the second part. You can use the 3ds to hack your 3ds yes. You will lose the nnid on the cfw 3ds though. Everything else is kept

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Browserhax doesn't work on 11.0. As far as I know there's no way around this (yet?) Edit: Turns out it's really easy to bypass the check with TubeHax...Seems silly how people were pushing it wasn't possible anymore, oh well.

See my signature for working exploits on 11.0.

Last edited by LongTimeLurker,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i got "the internet browser cant be used at the moment" nag....do i just fix that and then i can use browserhax again?
set up the tubehax dns @cravas mentioned earlier, see if that fixes it. But you have to be on the browserhax site the second it boots, so use the qr code

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Browserhax doesn't work on 11.0. As far as I know there's no way around this (yet?).

it works

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

If you have access to a CFW 2DS, you can use it to system transfer to your and then install A9LH on it.
Problem is, if 2DS as a NNID, it will carry over to your N3DS and it won't be possible to transfer back. (maybe youcan then cal ninty saying that you want it back on the 2DS and they'll do it).

If there's no NNID on 2DS then just need to buy from eShop an orginal Fieldrunners or Legends of exidia and you're good to go.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Read the page several times before trying to do it and it will run with no problems.

In doubt, ask before doing anything that deviates from that guide.

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain

For doing the softmod to downgrade yes, you need to be in 11.1 as the Transfer needs It. As you can read in Pailect's Guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade, your friend needs to buy the game Fieldrunners (legal), modify the save and use the Transfer mode to send it to your console. It works from 2ds to n3ds, don't worry. Then, you use the Fieldrunners to downgrade the firm. After that you can downgrade to 9.2 and then to 2.1 to install a9lh.
If you want to pay for hardmodding, just give money.
An arm9 kernel exploit will appear at the EOL of the 3DS so you will have to wait x)

Last edited by Manurocker95,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Browserhax doesn't work on 11.0. As far as I know there's no way around this (yet?).

It Works, as long as you don't get the Browser Nag (use the Browser without Tubehax DNS). After it appears, then it will not work anymore.

now i got "the internet browser cant be used at the moment" nag....do i just fix that and then i can use browserhax again?

Now, you'll have to update to use the Browser, eShop, Miiverse, Streepass, etc.
You should have done the DNS block before using it.

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

Ihavean11.03ds...

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so he would have to reinstall everything if he dont back up his nand, other than that i can downgrade my n3ds to 9.2 with freerunners, then install rxmode from there and then cfw??

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
yes, as long as they have a NAND backup, though the nnid is erased and transferred to you, and there is NO way to get it back

You can unlink and relink the NNID but it will lose all the bought stuff. You can transfer back Fieldrunners and the NNID a week later without problems x)

so he would have to reinstall everything if he dont back up his nand, other than that i can downgrade my n3ds to 9.2 with freerunners, then install rxmode from there and then cfw??

His console would be like a new one but with a9lh installed (that's why it's important to do a NAND Back up). And yup, you can, but it's highly recommmended to install a9lh instead of that.

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill