Noob question...my apologies.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by tedfurniss, Feb 25, 2017.

1. tedfurniss
    OP

tedfurniss Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Sheffield U.K
    Hi everyone.

Complete noob to wii u hacking here so I'll apologise now guys.....

First of all, I have a 32gb wii u running 5.5.1 E firmware with a 32gb SD card and USB Hard drive attached.

I just have a couple of questions about hacking the wii u...any help or answers to my questions are greatly appreciated...along with your patience!!

So, at this moment in time I've successfully changed my dns settings to avoid my wii u console updating. I've also successfully managed to install backups of my titles to my wii u USB drive using Loadiine and they're working great...

However, I'm now looking into hacking the wii u further by running CFW and booting straight into CFW. If I've read correctly, I need to purchase a specific DS title to do this.

I've tried to access the eshop but keep getting an error code which I'm assuming has something to do with changing my dns settings...not sure though.

My question is,if I change my settings back to auto obtain so I can access the eshop, will I run the risk of updating the wii u and to do so,will this impact installing homebrew?

Many thanks in advance for any help...can't tell you how much it's appreciated. :unsure:

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Alright!
    Grab NNUPatcher from here wiiubru.com/appstore
    It will allow you to run eShop while you have your DNS setup.
    Buy Brain Age from there.

Quantumcat and tedfurniss like this.
  3. tedfurniss
    OP

tedfurniss Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Sheffield U.K
    Brilliant... Thanks again for your help!!!

Felek666 likes this.
  4. tedfurniss
    OP

tedfurniss Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Sheffield U.K
    I've got onto the eshop... Bought brain training....gone into download management on the home screen and the download has been saying "pending" for about an hour now...have I messed up?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Maybe you need to temporarily disable the DNS block.

tedfurniss likes this.
  6. tedfurniss
    OP

tedfurniss Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Sheffield U.K
    Yeah, had to auto obtain the dns settings. Are there any dns settings that work with the eshop or will it always work this way?... Loving the homebrew on the wii u at the minute though. hope to get a bit more involved in the forums once I'm a bit better acquainted.... Thanks again for your help guys!!!

7. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It will work that way. That's because eShop checks for Update server every time you launch it.
    If you need help with Haxchi & CBHC then we will be happy to help :)

tedfurniss likes this.
  8. tedfurniss
    OP

tedfurniss Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Sheffield U.K
    Thanks Felek666... Really do appreciate it. I'm going for the rest of it tomorrow... I'll keep you posted!....thanks again!

Felek666 likes this.
  9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yeah just disable your DNS blocking till your all done. There is no system update right now so your safe. Plus about every other game I get with Wii U USB Helper wants to go online and update anyway. Even if I download and install the updates with WUP installer.