Noob question for NSMBW custom level (Reggie)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZeroX_9876, Mar 23, 2010.

Mar 23, 2010
  1. ZeroX_9876
    OP

Newcomer ZeroX_9876 Member

Canada
    Hi,
    I know this is a noob question, but I have a modchip on my wii, since I don't really care about the homebrew channel, and I want to know is there any way to boot customs levels on a backup DVD? or is the only way is through the Riivolution?

Like modifying files directly on the iso, would it work?

The main reason I have a modchip is to play imports, so for Non-Homebrew user like me, the Riivolution isn't an option at all.
    I know the homebrew channel isn't hard at all to install it's just that I want to keep my console as legit as I can, while enjoying imports.

Thanks in advance!

2. Treeki

Member Treeki GBAtemp Regular

Gibraltar
    ISO modification sometimes works with custom levels, but usually fails (freezing on the game boot after the "Hold your Wiimote sideways" screen). But do you really want to burn a new DVD every time you edit a level?

You can run Riivolution through Bannerbomb, which afaik doesn't modify your console or do anything permanent.

3. ZeroX_9876
    OP

Newcomer ZeroX_9876 Member

Canada
    I didn't know that you could boot Riivolution trough the bannerbomb exploit. thanks a lot!
    and I what I wanted to say is that I was going to wait that a lot of level are done and try them. I don't really care having a specific order of levels, Me and my 3 roomates are all old school gamers trying to play some mario level while drinking some beers!:D
    I don't want to edit levels, I want to try other people's level and enjoy them with my friends.

I found that the original game wasn't challenging at all, not even the last stages, compare to the SMB3 on the nes (not that I have difficulty completing them, but they were at least harder than the NSMBW levels)

Just to know, is there any chance that my wii could brick by using bannerbomb with the riivolution? I haven't done softmod since the twilight hack, so I'm not up-to-date at all!

4. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    id have to agree that the lvls werent very challenging, i think the hardest part was going back to get all the coins for the super dissapointing star levels.... bastards