Noob question... anbout differet cios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kirokun, Oct 30, 2008.

1. kirokun
    OP

kirokun GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I dl and installed everything i needed from Wiigator's files...

I installed the original back up launcher, but there was also a back up launcher _ forced NTSC file...

My questions are:

1# If i installed the original cios, can i install the forced NTSC as well? Do I need to uninstall the original cios? and if so how do I do that?

2# Im guessing the forced NTSC, forces PAL games to play in NTSC Wii's? Does this mean I can just go an burn any old PAL game and running it will work on my NTSC Wii?

Thx in advance

p.s. Sorry for the typos... it's late : \

2. BIG MOE

BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    what do you mean with the original , and the Cios for each release is different than the other , and the loader is region free , the force NTSC is to make some games work better with NTSC consoles , to remove Cios use Waninkoko Cios Uninstaller v1.1 , good luck [​IMG]

3. kirokun
    OP

kirokun GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Thx for the reply, I'm still a little bit confused though...

I seen the wiigator's compatibility link and most of the PAL version of games work better than the NTSC versions...

If I chose to burn a PAL game... and I install the forced NTSC CIOS... will it let me play the PAL game normally on my Wii?

Thing is, I had already tested PAL games on my PS2, but most of the time the TV screws up (I'm guessing it has to do with the whole 50hz - 60hz)

Thx in advance

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    If you force to NTSC, the Wii will FORCE the game to give an output as NTSC, I guess your PS2 didn't have this option [​IMG]

5. roy_hu

roy_hu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2008
    United States
    The force NTSC thing is the modified launcher. It still uses the same cios, so no, don't uninstall the cios.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice