Noob question... anbout differet cios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kirokun, Oct 30, 2008.

Oct 30, 2008
  1. kirokun
    OP

Member kirokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dl and installed everything i needed from Wiigator's files...

I installed the original back up launcher, but there was also a back up launcher _ forced NTSC file...

My questions are:

1# If i installed the original cios, can i install the forced NTSC as well? Do I need to uninstall the original cios? and if so how do I do that?

2# Im guessing the forced NTSC, forces PAL games to play in NTSC Wii's? Does this mean I can just go an burn any old PAL game and running it will work on my NTSC Wii?

Thx in advance

p.s. Sorry for the typos... it's late : \

2. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    what do you mean with the original , and the Cios for each release is different than the other , and the loader is region free , the force NTSC is to make some games work better with NTSC consoles , to remove Cios use Waninkoko Cios Uninstaller v1.1 , good luck [​IMG]

3. kirokun
    OP

Member kirokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thx for the reply, I'm still a little bit confused though...

I seen the wiigator's compatibility link and most of the PAL version of games work better than the NTSC versions...

If I chose to burn a PAL game... and I install the forced NTSC CIOS... will it let me play the PAL game normally on my Wii?

Thing is, I had already tested PAL games on my PS2, but most of the time the TV screws up (I'm guessing it has to do with the whole 50hz - 60hz)

Thx in advance

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    If you force to NTSC, the Wii will FORCE the game to give an output as NTSC, I guess your PS2 didn't have this option [​IMG]

5. roy_hu

Newcomer roy_hu Member

United States
    The force NTSC thing is the modified launcher. It still uses the same cios, so no, don't uninstall the cios.