Hacking Noob Question about updating :D

Lordyisus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello... right now my switch is with the 8.1.0 firmware and Atmosphere (i dont renember the version)
The thing is that i want to update the firmware to the 9.0.0 to play some new games.. my question is.. besides updating it by offline mode which is the obvious way since i have it with cf.. What happens if i turn off the custom firmware (i dont have auto RCM) then i go to internet, update to the latest version.. and then i come back to the flight mode and install the newest cf as before?? I have already some NSP games installed already. Aand i know that i can be banned to play online but i dont really care that.

I hope u can understand my issue and maybe is a basic question xD but i just know the basics and i have never updated the fw before having the switch hacked
Thanks

Last edited by Lordyisus,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll get banned if you do it that way and it could happen before you even get the update. Who knows

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello... right now my switch is with the 8.1.0 firmware and Atmosphere (i dont renember the version)
The thing is that i want to update the firmware to the 9.0.0 to play some new games.. my question is.. besides updating it by offline mode which is the obvious way since i have it with cf.. What happens if i turn off the custom firmware (i dont have auto RCM) then i go to internet, update to the latest version.. and then i come back to the flight mode and install the newest cf as before?? I have already some NSP games installed already. Aand i know that i can be banned to play online but i dont really care that.

I hope u can understand my issue and maybe is a basic question xD but i just know the basics and i have never updated the fw before having the switch hacked
Thanks
Even if you don't care about online there's no point in wasting a perfectly good cert. Who knows, one day you may want to sell the Switch or pass it on to a family member.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night