Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its weird, but the Wii Menu music seems to be skipping, is that a bad sign?

The ambient system menu music? Yes, that's a bad sign if it's a normal boot without NEEK or anything. It sounds like either the whole system is having interrupt problems or maybe the NAND might be failing?

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ambient system menu music? Yes, that's a bad sign if it's a normal boot without NEEK or anything. It sounds like either the whole system is having interrupt problems or maybe the NAND might be failing?

Oh boy, how can I determine if there's a problem. Then what steps should I take then?

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you run a recent SysCheck? If you previously dumped your NAND using BootMii you could try dumping it again and see if it comes up with more bad blocks than previously.

Did a boot Mii dump, nothing but Factory Bad Blocks, probably about 25 or so. although a "Corrected Page 125403" did pop up

A Murder of Crow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an oldie with a noobie question.

I have a custom/hacked NES rom file that i'd like to inject into a wad to use as a channel. It seems that this method of installing games has fallen out of favor, but for ease of use and for presentation reasons, this is what we're looking to do.

It seems nearly everything out there on doing an injection relies on tools that can't be found online anymore, or on tutorials that haven't been maintained.

I doubt i'll need to do this more than this one time, it is for a special occasion/event.

Can anyone point me to a modern tutorial and tools to be able to do this?

Covert Maverick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here, interested in making the most out of Wiiflow. Am using it mostly for GC backups.
I have backups on 4 separate USB thumbdrives. Two work fine, but the other two don't. When I try to load the games up they don't show up. I have all of them formatted to FAT32 (Used the Terminal on my Mac) and the folders set up properly and everything. What am I doing wrong?

vinathi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I really don't know what I'm doing. pls bear with me lol

Right now, whenever I boot my Wii up, it goes to a black screen that says "cBoot2 DOL loader v16" and loads ios36 and goes into MMM. As of right now, my system version is 4.3, and I know that it should be running ios80. In IOS manager, I switched it to ios80, but whenever I reboot my Wii, it goes back to running on ios36 and goes straight to MMM again.

I'd really much appreciate the help. Thanks!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right now, whenever I boot my Wii up, it goes to a black screen that says "cBoot2 DOL loader v16" and loads ios36 and goes into MMM. As of right now, my system version is 4.3, and I know that it should be running ios80. In IOS manager, I switched it to ios80, but whenever I reboot my Wii, it goes back to running on ios36 and goes straight to MMM again.

Do you have BootMii installed as boot2? Remove the folder from SD so it can boot to the System Menu.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have PriiLoader installed? It almost sounds like you have MMM installed in PriiLoader and your settings are telling it to auto boot into it. Hold down reset on your Wii when you power it on and you should boot into PriiLoader. Once there, go into settings and see what it says next to Autoboot. If it says Installed File then change it to System Menu and everything should be good.

gambler3k

Trophies
XP
Country
So im supernoob.
I followed this tutorial
And everything works just fine.
The thing is, i've purchased Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 5TB disk to use with my wii.
Started out with just transfering 2 games through Wii backup manager to see if it works and it does.
So i've read that to be able to play gamecube games the disk have to be in fat32 32clustersize.
How do i solve this in the best way.
I want the Wii and Gamecube games to show up in that nice wiiflow gui in usbloader GX
I've tried to format the whole 5TB to fat32 without luck.. The largest i've manage to get is 2TB fat32 then the rest ntfs
Is it possible to use 2 partitions? 1 fat32 and 1 ntfs.
How do i make this work? I can't find much info on this large sized usb HDD:s

edit: so i've tried this, i downloaded EaseUS Partition master and did 2 partitions E: G: (1.5TB Fat 32 32cluster and 3TB NTFS)
The Fat32 was primary. I put a gamecube game in E:/games/Mario Kart Double Dash [GM4P01]/game.iso
And put a wii game in G:\wbfs\Animal Crossing Wii [RUUP01]\RUUP01.wbfs
with wii backup manager.
downloaded usbloader3.0 and put it on sdcard
But when i start usbloader and it comes to Initilizing USB device i get this https://imgur.com/jI8qxQx
and have to reboot

Edit again.
I guess i have to make the fat32 partition active but that seems to be impossible because its not MBR.. its GPT?
I've tried 3 different partition manager program, noone seems to can do that. The set active option is grayed out.

/Victor

Last edited by gambler3k,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im supernoob.
I followed this tutorial
And everything works just fine.
The thing is, i've purchased Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 5TB disk to use with my wii.
Started out with just transfering 2 games through Wii backup manager to see if it works and it does.
So i've read that to be able to play gamecube games the disk have to be in fat32 32clustersize.
How do i solve this in the best way.
I want the Wii and Gamecube games to show up in that nice wiiflow gui in usbloader GX
I've tried to format the whole 5TB to fat32 without luck.. The largest i've manage to get is 2TB fat32 then the rest ntfs
Is it possible to use 2 partitions? 1 fat32 and 1 ntfs.
How do i make this work? I can't find much info on this large sized usb HDD:s

edit: so i've tried this, i downloaded EaseUS Partition master and did 2 partitions E: G: (1.5TB Fat 32 32cluster and 3TB NTFS)
The Fat32 was primary. I put a gamecube game in E:/games/Mario Kart Double Dash [GM4P01]/game.iso
And put a wii game in G:\wbfs\Animal Crossing Wii [RUUP01]\RUUP01.wbfs
with wii backup manager.
downloaded usbloader3.0 and put it on sdcard
But when i start usbloader and it comes to Initilizing USB device i get this https://imgur.com/jI8qxQx
and have to reboot

Edit again.
I guess i have to make the fat32 partition active but that seems to be impossible because its not MBR.. its GPT?
I've tried 3 different partition manager program, noone seems to can do that. The set active option is grayed out.

/Victor

1. No GPT, use MBR. As far as I know none of the Wii USB loaders have GPT support.
2. That drive is probably too large, but the partitions need to be 1 byte less than 2GB. Also, people have reported issues with USB 3.0 drives on occasion. You have to remember the Wii was never intended to have any storage other than SD. Everything else is ported from other open source projects. Any partitions that came with the drive for maintenance software have to be removed and sleep timers should be disabled.
3. Where did you get USB Loader GX? The latest version is r1260 and is located here. If you happened to install the older version that is a full channel you will need to uninstall it and use the forwarder/app instead. The channel version is discontinued.
4. You will also need both a custom IOS for Wii games and a separate loader for Gamecube games.

It would probably help if you ran SysCheck and posted the .csv file contents (in spoiler quotes.)

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Aperfectimperfection

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gurus, please help - is please.hackmii.com still working?

I've been trying to download the file for my wii and the download fails time after time.

Just to make sure I'm not being blonde, I select my version 4.3e, I enter my mac address from my settings menu, I complete the capture security and cut the red wire..... I get a notification of downloa, and as ssoon as I say download, it fails?

Please help - if I'm getting stuck now already on a stupid error, i'm worried about installing anything else!

DraastiK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues installing a WAD manager. I've downloaded one, placed it on the SD card I'm using, but when I open Homebrew Channel, there's nothing to select? I placed the file on the root of the SD card as well as creating a folder called "apps" and placing it in there with no luck. Does the size of my SD card matter? I'm using a 16GB SDHC card, which had no problems opening the file to install Homebrew.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having issues installing a WAD manager. I've downloaded one, placed it on the SD card I'm using, but when I open Homebrew Channel, there's nothing to select? I placed the file on the root of the SD card as well as creating a folder called "apps" and placing it in there with no luck. Does the size of my SD card matter? I'm using a 16GB SDHC card, which had no problems opening the file to install Homebrew.
Did you put the wad manager inside the apps folder or in the root of the sd card?

Last edited by incidentallyscribble,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol