XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey, can someone help me please? I was using Any Title Deleter and was looking thru the System Channels. I saw two Photo channels: 00010002-HAAA Photo Channel and 00010002-HAYA Photo Channel 1.1. I thougth I had duplicate Photo channels, so I removed the 00010002-HAAA Photo Channel. Big mistake, because I don't see the Photo Channel in my System Menu anymore. So my question is how can I get back 00010002-HAAA Photo Channel? Thank you in advance.
start modmii, from the main menu, type "1", then "P0", then "P", then "d", then "y", then install the 2 wads that modmii downloaded.

Bahamuth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, my wii is update-to-date now :D

Just remodded with modmii^^

Super many thanks to:
Shano56
JoostinOnline
XFlak

What did I learn from this, just jump into a super simple program :D

Thank you for introducing me to Modmii :)

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody on GBAtemp seems to hate it, but I find using Pimp My Wii Brick My Wii the easiest way to update everything.

Boot it up in homebrew channel, run a scan, and it'll update all IOS/cIOS to latest version.

Pimp My Wii can be updated from within itself. I'll occasionally boot up my Wii, update Pimp My Wii Brick My Wii, and run a scan to keep everything up-to-date.
Don't ever suggest Brick My Wii again. Even if it was safe, it installs a terrible setup.

I saw that it had a lot of problems, with the early versions. Have any of you tried it since the first release..? And what do you mean by "it installs a terrible setup"?

I started out around here when there was only Twilight Hack, and one cIOS. Quit for months, came back, and there were many, many different cIOS, with people recommending a slew of the older versions. I found Pimp My Wii to be a handy way to get everything up-to-date, including cIOS. I'll give ModMii a try though.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Everybody on GBAtemp seems to hate it, but I find using Pimp My Wii Brick My Wii the easiest way to update everything.

Boot it up in homebrew channel, run a scan, and it'll update all IOS/cIOS to latest version.

Pimp My Wii can be updated from within itself. I'll occasionally boot up my Wii, update Pimp My Wii Brick My Wii, and run a scan to keep everything up-to-date.
Don't ever suggest Brick My Wii again. Even if it was safe, it installs a terrible setup.

I saw that it had a lot of problems, with the early versions. Have any of you tried it since the first release..? And what do you mean by "it installs a terrible setup"?

I started out around here when there was only Twilight Hack, and one cIOS. Quit for months, came back, and there were many, many different cIOS, with people recommending a slew of the older versions. I found Pimp My Wii to be a handy way to get everything up-to-date, including cIOS. I'll give ModMii a try though.
It patches every single IOS. That means some homebrew won't run. It also installs the latest versions of hermes cIOS into 222/223, when it's better for compatibility to install v4 in those two slots. It doesn't patch the dip module of the System Menu IOS, which allows you to run recovery discs without a modchip (but only if your Wii is old enough to support burned discs of course). I think it even updates your System Menu to 4.3, when it's safer to stick with 4.1.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It patches every single IOS. That means some homebrew won't run. It also installs the latest versions of hermes cIOS into 222/223, when it's better for compatibility to install v4 in those two slots. It doesn't patch the dip module of the System Menu IOS, which allows you to run recovery discs without a modchip (but only if your Wii is old enough to support burned discs of course). I think it even updates your System Menu to 4.3, when it's safer to stick with 4.1.

it only patches every single IOS if you tell it to ;) and what homebrew wont run on a patched IOS?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

it only patches every single IOS if you tell it to ;) and what homebrew wont run on a patched IOS?
Riivolution and the Homebrew Channel.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its been suggesting that I keep system menu 4.1. Whats the difference in 4.1 and 4.3? Wasn't 4.3 just one of those Homebrew channel blocking updates, or was there more to it? Wasn't aware of Hermes, I stopped keeping up with cIOS LONG before his stuff came out. Also didn't know anything about the dip module, I'll need to look into that.

Woah, I didn't think anybody here liked Pimp My Wii.

Homebrew Channel and Riivolution only require 1 IOS each to be unpatched, if I remember correctly. After running PMW, I just reinstalled Riivolution/HBC and it fixed the IOS they wanted.

Reactions: 1 person

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pimp doesn't patch the IOS that the HBC is on. Not sure about Riivolution but never used to so w/e...and like I said, it only patches the IOSes you tell it to.

Woah, I didn't think anybody here liked Pimp My Wii.

Haha I don't use it anymore, but I used it on my old Wii, and it did the job that needed to be done. I wouldn't call it brick my wii like some people :P but yeah, it's a decent app.

compmonkeyg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'll have to ask people to forgive my noobness. I have spent the better part of 2 hours digging through the forums and I am unable to find an answer to my question(s). I, like many others, saw the update that say I could play GC games though usb cfg loader, so I updated. I can get loader to install them just fine (rips to SD card). However I go to start one, it resets my wii. I've tried about half a dozen different games and they all do the same. I even did a fresh install of ios236, d2x, and the loader to see if that would fix it and it didn't. I am at a relative loss at what to do. Please help.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You now need to install DML, dios mios lite, and follow the guide on how to install it.
Its in or forums............
You have the loader, you just now need DML, basically........

D

Deleted User

Noobie Question #327, Has Been Repeated 50 times:

I put my ISO 4.7GB file on my 476 GB USB. When I launched USB Loader GX, it doesn't show the game. I put it directly to the root of the SD Card. Anyone want to help?

compmonkeyg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently changed my usb cfg loader setup, I reinstalled ios236, installed d2x, and then reinstalled usb cfg loader. I forget what was in place before d2x. Since than I have had the wii freezing on me at odd times (like on the channel selection screen) and some games such as Harvest Moon: Animal Parade will freeze completely when loading something (like when I tell it to load a save or after a cut scene) at which point I have to unplug the power from the wii since nothing else to turn it off. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what I could do to resolve my problems?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently changed my usb cfg loader setup, I reinstalled ios236, installed d2x, and then reinstalled usb cfg loader. I forget what was in place before d2x. Since than I have had the wii freezing on me at odd times (like on the channel selection screen) and some games such as Harvest Moon: Animal Parade will freeze completely when loading something (like when I tell it to load a save or after a cut scene) at which point I have to unplug the power from the wii since nothing else to turn it off. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what I could do to resolve my problems?
Try to use a different usb loader, and don't force games to run on any IOS.

IceShadowX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Bit of a n00b question but I've managed to unintentially 'unlock everything' on my friends Mario Kart Wii, they wanted to do it themselves.

Is there a Mario Kart Wii Save Editor out there (pref for windows) or is there a hombrew save modifier?
Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

SalvadorOliveira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok, just trying to get a completely safe answer on this, since my research seems to have conflicting answers.

NTSC-U Wii, and a PAL game. can I run it, assuming I force NTSC on it? I've read that it'll brick my Wii, and I've also read that it's fine, as long as I don't put an PAL update on my NTSC Wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle