Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Help. I am in process of moding my friends wii. Done two before, but this one is giving little sticking issues. It was 3.4U... I was able to get bannerbomb to run to install bootmii and hbc. Using the mod guide here I was able to get updated to 4.2u (menu confirms this). But it I'm guessing it didn't work 100%. I'm unable to install any wads (like a forwarder for CFG USB Loader). I've tested CFG USB Loader... and it's been able to load a few games I've tested with no issues. Any suggestions?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help
smile.gif
cobleman. i'll be a little more persistant on him bringing me his wii i dont think i'll be able to help him much talking it over the phone.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry if this was asked before. Yesterday i modded my friend's Wii which come with menu 4.3u, no problem but there is a way to run IOS 236 Intaller without Internet? cuz until i configure the Wifi always endup in a cade dump. Also now he call because he wants to play his two retail game WiiSports and WiiSports Resort via Disc Channel however they asked for an actualitation. How can this be? Another question is it safe to install Priiloader in system 4.3 u, the one with Shopping channel v20to avoid this issue

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmods still work if you have a hard mod so definitly yes you can even burn you a copy of lego indiana jones and use that to softmod your wii if needed.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have no vunerable IOS. can run a system check to see or sanity check for that matter. however if your friend is missing cios236 i extracted mine for the sole purpose of just wad installing onto other wii's if necessary so i can pm you the link but i cant openly post it considering it's against forum rules
smile.gif
so just send me a pm and i'll get back to you asap.

You could always find a installer with AHBPROT (Direct hardware access) no patched IOS needed
smile.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOS36-64-v3351.wad from modmii and put it on the sd card SD:/

Then run the installer and choose load IOS from sd card.

No need for illegal wad sending
tongue.gif

EDIT: If it still codedumps you can get IOS236 from modmii as well.

hireplas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, i hate being a total noob, but i'm using the szs odifier and no matter what i do whenever i open up the game file, i get this message

"LOAD ERROR. THIS FILE MAY BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE SZS MODIFIER."

and i have no idea how to make it work, please help me it would be greatly appreciated

fkbsar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of questions.

1. I purchased a cheap wii with a non-functioning drive with the thoughts of modding it. Not thinking I upgraded and went from 4.1 to 4.3 (coulda smacked myself). The reason I upgraded was because the person that had it before me didn't have the internet as a channel and the only way to get the internet was through the shopping channel which required the update. Hindsight - could I have modded with Modmii without having the internet because now I have to get a replacement drive.

2. I also already have a modded wii running DarkCorp and I want to run WiiFlow. Do I have to uninstall DarkCorp first and if I do not will DarkCorp still work after installing WiiFlow.

Thank you for your time.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
fkbsar said:
Couple of questions.

1. I purchased a cheap wii with a non-functioning drive with the thoughts of modding it. Not thinking I upgraded and went from 4.1 to 4.3 (coulda smacked myself). The reason I upgraded was because the person that had it before me didn't have the internet as a channel and the only way to get the internet was through the shopping channel which required the update. Hindsight - could I have modded with Modmii without having the internet because now I have to get a replacement drive.

2. I also already have a modded wii running DarkCorp and I want to run WiiFlow. Do I have to uninstall DarkCorp first and if I do not will DarkCorp still work after installing WiiFlow. You dont have to uninstall DarkCorp

Thank you for your time.

footy10

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a small problem still with error 002.

I have a pal 3.4 wii and soft modded with the gamma 002 fix.

Currently after i've extracted and created a iso file of a game i then ise ISO Patcher 1.1 to patch the iso. I then burn the iso with imgburn.

The problem i have is that some games work fine first time and others i can't get to work at all (blue screen error 002), such as goldeneye, sonic racing, COD, usually the more popular games.

Is there anything other than changing the dvds i use that i am missing? I'm scared to mess about with the iso's incase the other games decide not to work or do i need to update anything?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
footy10 said:
I have a small problem still with error 002.

I have a pal 3.4 wii and soft modded with the gamma 002 fix.

Currently after i've extracted and created a iso file of a game i then ise ISO Patcher 1.1 to patch the iso. I then burn the iso with imgburn.

The problem i have is that some games work fine first time and others i can't get to work at all (blue screen error 002), such as goldeneye, sonic racing, COD, usually the more popular games.

Is there anything other than changing the dvds i use that i am missing? I'm scared to mess about with the iso's incase the other games decide not to work or do i need to update anything?
you should switch to using usb loading if you can. otherwise give neogamma r9 a shot

The Dark Adonis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, guys. I followed the steps to the complete soft mode guide just to run homebrew channel, to play snes games on SNES9X. But when i try to open a rom - and i tested with several - on SNES9X GX, it says"error opening the room" or something like that. Any ideas?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to play Wii backups, I have to hack my Wii correct? So is the Modifying Wii stickied thread also a hacking your Wii method? I guess I'm going to be using the Smash Stack method in there.

After I finish modifying my Wii with everything installed, is there anything that I need to do in order to play Wii backups or is that just it?

I know absolutely nothing about hacking a Wii.

hireplas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, i hate being a total noob, but i'm using the szs odifier and no matter what i do whenever i open up the game file, i get this message

"LOAD ERROR. THIS FILE MAY BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE SZS MODIFIER."

and i have no idea how to make it work, please help me it would be greatly appreciated

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
In order to play Wii backups, I have to hack my Wii correct? So is the Modifying Wii stickied thread also a hacking your Wii method? I guess I'm going to be using the Smash Stack method in there.

After I finish modifying my Wii with everything installed, is there anything that I need to do in order to play Wii backups or is that just it?

If you follow the guide 100% you shouldnt need to do anything else except enjoy.

yaywii.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
I am r4ymond said:

If you follow the guide 100% you shouldnt need to do anything else except enjoy.

yaywii.gif
you will only Smash Stack if you are on 4.3....otherwise use the appropriate BannerBomb....

if you're looking to play backups from DVD-r's, you will need to know if your wii has a non-D3-2 drive....D3-2 drives cannot read DVD's....period. in this case, you will need to load from HDD....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame vr wasn't a thing during ps2
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Huge crts on both eye lids
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: With HDMI lol