Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wimu said:
About Smash Brawl? This may be a good place to ask, i want to buy the reatil game to launch Homebrew but i read somewhere that new copies of it have the exploid fixed. Is this true cuz i don wanna buy Lego Indiana Jones.
By the way my Wii is NTSC-U.
I haven't heard that! Where did u hear that? It sounds like BS to me, but if it is true, just try to buy yourself a used copy.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quick random question, was there a wii system menu 1.0, or did launch wiis come with 2.0?
im just curious

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
quick random question, was there a wii system menu 1.0, or did launch wiis come with 2.0?
im just curious
There was. It was shipped with launch-day Wii's. Later that day, SM2.0 was released. You won't find a wad of it because all the exploits didn't run on it.

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY!! NOOB PARADISE!!!!

*What is the speed that games are run on USB vs Backup DVDs vs Retail?
I know backups are 3x, retail 6x, USB?

*Can somebody link me to a detailed guide of USB Loader GX? (not the ReadMii). I can't seem to find the way of running retail discs on it? When it doesn't detect a USB hard drive, it goes back to THC (The Homebrew Channel).

*What's so special about the Priiloader betas? Is it more dangerous that non-beta? Where could I possibly find a 'feature list' of the Priiloader beta?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
d3monsting said:
YAY!! NOOB PARADISE!!!!

*What is the speed that games are run on USB vs Backup DVDs vs Retail?
I know backups are 3x, retail 6x, USB?

*Can somebody link me to a detailed guide of USB Loader GX? (not the ReadMii). I can't seem to find the way of running retail discs on it? When it doesn't detect a USB hard drive, it goes back to THC (The Homebrew Channel).

*What's so special about the Priiloader betas? Is it more dangerous that non-beta? Where could I possibly find a 'feature list' of the Priiloader beta?
1. Depends on the speed of your drive.
2. There's a button. Also, the commonly-used abbreviation for the Homebrew Channel is HBC, not THC
3. They generally don't cause problems, they just aren't big enough to be classified as full updates.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
XFlak said:
wimu said:
About Smash Brawl? This may be a good place to ask, i want to buy the reatil game to launch Homebrew but i read somewhere that new copies of it have the exploid fixed. Is this true cuz i don wanna buy Lego Indiana Jones.
By the way my Wii is NTSC-U.
I haven't heard that! Where did u hear that? It sounds like BS to me, but if it is true, just try to buy yourself a used copy.
Well i think something in WiiBrew or other site. Think if Ninty want to fixed this could only be in new copies thas why i ask this. Well if no t going to buy it even when i don like the game. Im a classic school and prefer the original N64 release.

ModuRaziel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
two questions:

1. when I run Okami (PAL), it gets to the first "Now Loading" screen but just sits there and doesnt actually load. ANy suggestions on how to fix this?

2. when I run Red Steel 2, it gives me a DVD Read Error (1167). I tried searching but couldnt find anything relevant to this situation.

Im running these games through NeoGamma R8 with IOS249 (Rev 19), if that is helpful to anyone

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. What speed does one's HDD need to be to run Wii Games at equal or above speeds to retail discs?
2. Where would be a guide to using USB LoaderGX to play burned DVDs? As I can't seem to see any buttons?
3. How dangerous would it be to install Priiloader?

~~
smile.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
d3monsting said:
1. What speed does one's HDD need to be to run Wii Games at equal or above speeds to retail discs? USB is way faster then disc. Disc = 6x USB=12x+
2. Where would be a guide to using USB LoaderGX to play burned DVDs? As I can't seem to see any buttons? Use cfg-loader instead. Press - and then boot disc.
3. How dangerous would it be to install Priiloader? Priiloader is the best brick protection you can have besides bootmii as boot2. GET IT.

@moduraziel

Thats probably bad rip or bad media. Make sure you are using good quality media ( verbatim ftw ) and it has to be DVD-R. Try ripping/downloading the iso again.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d3monsting said:
Would one need to UNINSTALL priiloader v0.4 if they wanted to install the BETA afterwords? Or do you not have to uninstall priiloader first?

I have a problem, but perhaps an answer to this question might answer mine. I just updated HBC to 1.07 today and I was looking to upgrade priiloader from v4 to the latest beta so that I could once again get to HBC from the priiloader menu, but whenever I try to install the latest priiloader beta it gives me some error about ES_Diversify and that it might be risky to continue with installation. If somebody could help me out that would be good.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't touched my wii for ages, I didn't buy any games because I think 4.3 update or so would brick wiis that had HC installed.

I just want to update it I don't care about hacking it since it's not worth it for me, so what I have is DVDx and HC and a couple of WADs installed, do I have to remove the WADs , DVDx and HC before I update?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no reason to update since there is NO NEW FEATURES. You also wont be able to use bannerbomb anymore which means you will need to buy SSBB or indiana jones if you decide to mod your wii again. You dont need to remove anything just press Wii System Update. The update will remove HBC.

MissC

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm VERY new to all this!
A friend has persuaded me to hack my wii at last lol
But, everytime I try & do it I can't :-(
Almost everything I've found online comes up with an error 004, currupt files....
I've got version 4.2e.
Can you help point me in the direction of instructions on how to hack it?
Thanks in advance :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag