Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

AndoyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Why don't you repost again, I'm sure help will come even faster............

Google everything you can think of and do the reading, that's your best bet.

Well, thanks for your reply Capn Gus.
I'm literally being bombarded here with stupid questions from my mom.
:'(
"Why did you do that, do this.." WTF?

KicksDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to do the twilight hack. with the RZDP0.bin file, I put it in the right place and rename it data.bin but when I try to copy the save data to the wii. I press copy and it starts to copy then says.

Data was not copied.

and thats it, what do I do? :S

KicksDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double post, but I fixed my problem,

Now I am trying to install Wad Manager 1.4 on my Wii console which has FW 3.4E

It comes up asking which IOS version to use, and I am not sure which one I should use :S

AndrewREvil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use:

Geckos 1.07b (my 1.9.2 is not working)
firmware 4.2u
cIOS 38 rev 14

Problem:

I'm a real noob... so after I installed cIOS 38 rev 14 for playing Wii Resort (it didn't work), SSBB stopped loading on Gecko... i tried to upgrade the firmware to 4.2u (i've already said i'm a noob ^^) and it's not working yet. When i try loading the game, the screen remains on "Loading Game/Lang: ..." and it doesn't load... please, help! i love this game and i really wanna play it!

Thanks from now...

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AndoyX said:
Let's make this simple,
Can ERROR 003 be fix or NOT?
Just a YES or NO question.
read this for error003 problem:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182...p;#entry2289240

install preloader and enable hacks to skip disc update next time.
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AndrewREvil said:
I use:

firmware 4.2u
cIOS 38 rev 14

Problem:

I'm a real noob... so after I installed cIOS 38 rev 14 for playing Wii Resort (it didn't work), SSBB stopped loading on Gecko... i tried to upgrade the firmware to 4.2u (i've already said i'm a noob ^^) and it's not working yet. When i try loading the game, the screen remains on "Loading Game/Lang: ..." and it doesn't load... please, help! i love this game and i really wanna play it!

Thanks from now...
as far as i remember and if i'm not mistaken, cios249 rev 14 doesn't support dual layer disc like SSBB. way to load this is to reinstall cios249 rev 13a/b and below.

edit:woops...double post. sorry.

Shadow's Wra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why the hell isn't there a search option for seperate topics on this forum? I wouldn't have to post this question....

Anyway, I've already upgraded to Wii firmware v4.2 the SAFE way (thank you GBATemp....) and I STILL can't get my DVDx installer to work. My previous firmware was 3.2, downgraded from a Nintendo-acquired 3.4.

My best guess is that I'm using the wrong IOS for it, but I don't know anything about hacking anyways, so my guess is most likely wrong.

Here's what it says when I run the Normal Install option. (I have no modchip...)

"Installing DVD Stub with normal IOS (IOS36)..."
"Loading DVD Stub..."
"Fixing up TMD signature..."
"Installing DVD Stub Ticket..."
"Error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket"
"Error -2011 installing stub"

And "Back" and "Exit" for options.

I got the DVDx installer from the Homebrew Browser. It's NOT the one made for Wii Firmware 3.4. In theory, since my Wii used to be a Nintendo-upgraded 3.4 wii, running that version of DVDx might work. But I took one look at the warning and decided not to use it.

So, yeah....any help would be appreciated. :/

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
AndrewREvil said:
I use:

firmware 4.2u
cIOS 38 rev 14

Problem:

Thanks from now...
as far as i remember and if i'm not mistaken, cios249 rev 14 doesn't support dual layer disc like SSBB. way to load this is to reinstall cios249 rev 13a/b and below.

edit:woops...double post. sorry.

not quite true it wii read the 1st layer perfectly but will stop working after thatQUOTE(Shadow's Wrath @ Oct 19 2009, 08:35 PM)

Why the hell isn't there a search option for seperate topics on this forum? I wouldn't have to post this question....

Anyway, I've already upgraded to Wii firmware v4.2 the SAFE way (thank you GBATemp....) and I STILL can't get my DVDx installer to work. My previous firmware was 3.2, downgraded from a Nintendo-acquired 3.4.

My best guess is that I'm using the wrong IOS for it, but I don't know anything about hacking anyways, so my guess is most likely wrong.

Here's what it says when I run the Normal Install option. (I have no modchip...)

"Installing DVD Stub with normal IOS (IOS36)..."
"Loading DVD Stub..."
"Fixing up TMD signature..."
"Installing DVD Stub Ticket..."
"Error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket"
"Error -2011 installing stub"

And "Back" and "Exit" for options.

I got the DVDx installer from the Homebrew Browser. It's NOT the one made for Wii Firmware 3.4. In theory, since my Wii used to be a Nintendo-upgraded 3.4 wii, running that version of DVDx might work. But I took one look at the warning and decided not to use it.

So, yeah....any help would be appreciated. :/

use the hackmii installer to install dvdx
link

Quick Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii is currently at 3.2U with all the soft mod stuff (HBC, Cios installer). From what I've read, I don't necessarily need to stay with 3.2U anymore and its okay to mod from 4.2, the current wii software. It's been a while since I've messed with this stuff but I want to update all my soft mod stuff so I just want to start clean and learn from the ground up with the current stuff as I was using different soft mods than what is around currently.

QUESTION: Can I just use Nintendo auto update or will I risk bricking my wii? HBC is installed so I'm afraid it'll be a red flag on the download. Sorry to be so noob and paranoid.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick Man said:
My wii is currently at 3.2U with all the soft mod stuff (HBC, Cios installer). From what I've read, I don't necessarily need to stay with 3.2U anymore and its okay to mod from 4.2, the current wii software. It's been a while since I've messed with this stuff but I want to update all my soft mod stuff so I just want to start clean and learn from the ground up with the current stuff as I was using different soft mods than what is around currently.

QUESTION: Can I just use Nintendo auto update or will I risk bricking my wii? HBC is installed so I'm afraid it'll be a red flag on the download. Sorry to be so noob and paranoid.

just follow xzxero's guide in the stickies

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

codomir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I want to trucha patch ios60 on a LU64 wii I have preloader .29 would it be safe?

EDIT: I also need some help, is there any particular way I need to burn rockband 2 to get it to load right? I have tried twice and it didn't work either way, is it because it is a scrubbed iso? Or maybe because I have one of the new wiis with the new motherboard/disc drive that will not read a backup at all? Please someone give me full instructions to make a successful backup of rockband 2?!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because this isn't a 24/7 tech support room with people waiting on your every whim to help you.

If you trucha patch IOS60 without ES_Identify, you will get a system menu is corrupt message after doing it so you will have to hold reset to load preloader and then have that load the HBC and reinstall preloader again so it can patch that new IOS60 again.

codomir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it will work on LU64? Thanks for the help, also is there anything special i have to do for my RB2 backup other then unscrubbing it because any other time ive tried with it scrubbed it doesnt load right with neogamma r7 any advice on that?

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding, the IOS is used for running Wii hardware, and the MIOS is used for running Gamecube games. Some methods for running Gamecube backups on the Wii involve modding the MIOS or installing a cMIOS. Is it possible to leave the MIOS untouched and install a cIOS that can run Gamecube backups, or is this beyond the capabilities of any cIOS?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FoolishDreamer said:
How can I play backup gamecube games? Is there a full working emu and do I have to burn the game in some particular way?
install cMIOS and use neogamma to play your games

burn the iso the same way

gigasguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
gigasguy said:
I used DVDx installer 3.4 before (Even though my wii was only version 3.3). It installed successfully. Then I updated my wii to version 4.2, no homebrew or anything was erased. I changed my IOS so I could use the CoverFloader. However, I don't like using my very limited flash drive, so I want to go to disks. I figured that because I updated my wii, and changed the IOS, I would lose that DVD reading capability. So I went to re-install it, but found that I couldn't. It said it wouldn't load the stub because DVDx was made for IOS36. Do I need to go to IOS36 and reinstall DVDx? If so, how would I go about doing that?

What? trying to figure out what you're saying is giving me a head ache,i'd like to help but what?

i can gather you have a Wii 4.2 e or u, you have HBC Dvdx installed what about bootmii? sound s like you ran the hackmii installer. Which IOS did you change? have you any idea how many there are?

Bottom line is you left me with more questions then anything else.

I had IOS36 on a 3.3U Wii with homebrew on it. I installed DVDx. I changed my IOS to IOS10 (I think. It's the one for CoverFLoader). I then updated my wii to version 4.2U. I believe it removed my DVDx installment (But not sure), so I went to reinstall it. It won't let me install it because it was made for IOS36 apparently (It's what it said). How do I go about getting DVDx back on my wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo