Re-download is a good suggestion.

Sajiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need some help with installing SoftMii 2.1.1

I am up to step 12 where I load SoftMii NAND Dumper to "find my app file" however when I go to 00000001/00000002/content I see no 00000042 or 00000045

I am NTSC in Canada so I am looking for 00000042 but it isn't there! Instead I have 3 files, 0000005b, 00000057 and 00000058

Can anyone help? I don't want to mess up. Can I just skip this step if I do not want to back up the Wii System Menu?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Firehead03 said:
Apologies, I've quite a problem..
I've tried soft modding my Wii using two methods and nothing seems to be working.
Details:
Wii Model: RVL-001(USA)
Wii version: 3.2U (Downgraded from 3.3U; Offline method)
Homebrew Channel version 1.0.1 and IOS356 v4.18
IOSes installed: IOS249; IOS55; IOS53; IOS16; IOS38; IOS37; IOS36; IOS14; IOS33; IOS35; IOS34; IOS28; IOS22; IOS31; IOS30; IOS21; IOS20; IOS17; IOS15; IOS13; IOS12; IOS11; MIOS; IOS9; IOS4; cIOS36rev7; cIOSrev8; IOS36-64-v1042; cIOS36_rev5-64-v1042; cIOS249-IOS36-rev07; cIOS249r7; IOS16-64-v257; IOS36-64-v1042; cIOS_fix; cIOS36_rev8
I've used SoftMii (Preloader and such), Aquilino Loader, Starfall, and Menu Patcher
Backup Loader Gamma loads the games (MadWorld, WiiSports and Tatsunoko v. Capcom) properly, however when I press 'B' to reboot with hooks, it'll give me an error - "Exception (DSI) occurred! GPR00 80FA2788 GPR08 810C1428 GPR16 80E68518 GPR24 80E80000, etc..".
SoftChip Loader doesn't work at all.
Backup loader .1 doesn't work at all.
I can't get the backup discs to load in the disc channel using the SoftMii method, nor the Aquilino Loader method.Also, starfall no longer loads properly, gives this error after I press 'B+1' - "Wii SFS Seek Failed -101" I installed preloader without uninstalling starfall/the starfall hacks, if that makes any difference.
So, what's the problem? Again, I apologise for any inconvenience.
Edit:
Uninstalled preloader, got starfall to run and uninstalled all the hacks. Re-installed preloader and I'm still not able to run backups from the disc channel.

You can't reboot with hooks once you got preloader installed...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
whats the best app to use to transfer a Wii's NAND to another one?
You can't transfer the NAND to another NAND, you need to extract, repack into .wad files, and the use Wad Manager to install into another....!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi,

I have wiikey in my wii and I have some problems with games. I have burned Super Mario Galaxy to DVD+R disc and it works fine. Then I burned Fire Emblem: RD & Star Wars Force unleashed to DVD+R:s too but they didn't work. My wii noticed the discs but when I click the image in the wii menu, it loads few seconds and goes back to wii menu. Can somebody help me with this? I have burned the two other games to DVD-R:s but with the same results...
Someone told me that I'm missing some IOS:s... I don't know anything about IOS! Please help me.

update to 3.4 and then use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to go back to 3.2, install starfall or preloader to block more updates..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
hey i've asked the question everywhere with out getting a straight answer from anyone. get the research yourself answer instead of just a yes or no on my question. i have a wii with a wiikey due to time spent on other stuff and a wow addiction lol i haven't turned my wii on since then. I just want to know if it's safe to do nintendo official upgrades or if i should avoid them. any help is appreciated.

update to 3.4 and then use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to go back to 3.2, install starfall or preloader to block more updates..!!
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE said:
I am having a problem getting a Wii game to load and a multi-game GC backup to load as well.
I am using firmware 3.3u with Backup Launcher Gamma v0.3 fix 002 and IOS36_rev8.
First:
The only Wii game I have tried before today was Animal Crossing - City Folk which still works.
However, I burned Wario Land: Shake It! (NTSC) at 4x to a DVD-R and it won't boot. Gamma detects the game but doesn't boot into it.
Second:
I have a few multi-game GameCube backups I created. One contains Pokemon Colosseum and Twin Snakes, the other has Pikmin 2, WarioWare Inc. and F-Zero GX on it.
The F-Zero backup gets to the Nintendo/Sega logo and I get a disk read error. Twin Snakes green screens and freezes there when launched via auto-detect.
Thanks for any help!

Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS and IOS Downgraders, and are using good media brands (Verbatim, Sony, Tayo)..?? did you change the book type to DVD-ROM in the DVD+R's..?? and try to burn at 16X (if the disc have it write on it), cause some discs can't support the writting below 8X...!!
smile.gif

Okay so I have a modchip and all games have run fine until madworld.
I've been doing some reading and it seems like I need to install the homebrew channel and run it from there?
Question is, I don't want to do the twilight hack as I don't have the game and i was reading somewhere that i could just download the homebrew channel iso.
However, i've been searching aroudn for it and it seems like the main site is down. Any one can provide me with a link or some help?
Thanks.

MadWorld only needs to have IOS53 installed to work and to block the updates (Starfall or Preloader can do this if you're in FW 3.2)
Any reason in special of why you don't want to do the twilight hack..?? cause it is pretty simple, there is tons of videos on youtube showing step by step on how to do it, the .iso installer can be found at wiibrew.org, but to use it you need to be on 3.2 or earlier FW, remember that is you have ModChip you can just download the game and do the twilight hack as if you have the retail game...!!
wink.gif

steam
I have hbc and wiigator installed and have begun playing backups but after each game, is there a way to go back to the wiimenu? Seems like only can do hard reboot...then re-power.
Not sure, cause I just press "HOME" button and then just click on "Wii Menu", and that takes me to the Main Menu of the Wii

-after creating my hbc etc...what can i del from the SD card?...i assume everything in the APPS folder...anything else?
the private folder and the boot.dol in the root, the apps folder is where all your aplications goes, if you delete that folder then none of your apps will appear on the HBC

-whats the best prog for playing GC games?
Install the cMIOS_r3 from Waninkoko and use the GC Backup Launcher by WiiGator

-whats the best prog for playing divx?
MPlayer_CE, I recomend you to use Homebrew Browser to download an install not just this app, but several more..!!
wink.gif

it just gives me another rar.i extract the rar i got and it says no archives found.
If after 15 min of extracting the .rar files, there isn't a .iso file, then you have bad .rar files, re-download the .rar files or search for other .torrent

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sajiko said:
I need some help with installing SoftMii 2.1.1
I am up to step 12 where I load SoftMii NAND Dumper to "find my app file" however when I go to 00000001/00000002/content I see no 00000042 or 00000045
I am NTSC in Canada so I am looking for 00000042 but it isn't there! Instead I have 3 files, 0000005b, 00000057 and 00000058
Can anyone help? I don't want to mess up. Can I just skip this step if I do not want to back up the Wii System Menu?

Dump them all and your 42.app is the one with 6.12MB (6,268KB or 6,417,639 bytes), or try to use FS_Browser

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi everyone

I know this question has been asked a lot, still I am at a loss what to do next.

Wii was and is now 3.1E (Mario Kart Update if I remember correctly), PAL, no wifi (atm).
HBC 1.0.1 installed through twilight hack without a problem from 2GB Sandisk.
Next I installed cIOS_Installer (rev 7 it said on Wii) with files I got from WiiGators Blog (17 Files, in Folder 00000001 than folder 00000024 than folder v1042 on root of SD card). Worked fine.
Next I start Backup_Launcher, 0.3 Gamma (no 002 fix). Said IOS249 at the bottom of screen.
ISO Files are PAL, 4.37 GB (unpatched) nothing done to it. 2 totally different games, both are green without comments on PAL & NTSC in the compatibility wiki.
Burned with ImgBurn, tried 16x and 4x on Emtec DVD-R. Burn with verify successful.
Error Code from Backup Launcher 324 (the common one:/).
Original Zelda launches from Backup Launcher without a problem.
Tried 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix. Now I get an error code 349 (which weirdly enough seems to be the same as error 324...?)
Tried a DVD+R, didn't work. Last things I can think of is getting some Verbatin DVD-R, updating my firmware to 3.2 or 3.3 (not quite sure what that should matter as my ISO is older than Mario Kart) or messing around with the IOS (I keep reading tips about deleting it etc. but I don't really feel like that, as I read nothing of the sort in any serious guides...).

If anybody can think of anything, I would be interested to hear:) Thanks in advance already!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
JJBro1 said:
how do i uninstall softmii if i installed it with the softmii pack? Or better yet how do i enable and disable the starfall hacks if i installed it through the softmii pack?

You can't enable or disable the starfall-kind hacks cause they are installed in your SysMenu, to disable them you need to install* a clean SysMenu.wad of your FW and Region, or just update to 3.4 and then downgrade back to 3.2 using cIOS and IOS downgraders

* by install I mean overwritte never delete and then install a .wad, unless it is a channel...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEAccording to the HBC i have cIOS36_rev4...

I followed waninkoko's installation guide to install rev 8,i put the IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of my sd as it asks... however I being a total noob, don't know how to install the rev 8 or even know where to put it? I know i'm suppose to put it somewhere in the apps... do i just delete rev7installer.dol and replace it with rev8installer.dol?

2. This question haunts me since the beginning of the whole HBC+wiigator thing...
Since I have a custom ios installed, sometimes theres an update to the same ios like cIOS36_rev4, rev 6 rev 7 rev 8 and so on... now my question is... is there a need to uninstall a later rev and install a newer rev, or do i just install the next rev w/o uninstalling anything? What about moving from cIOS36 to like cIOS 50 or w/e it's at right now?

HBC can't tell you wich cIOS you're using, it can only tells you wich version of your normal IOS36 is hanging of, so just rename the cIOS36_r7-installer.dol to "boot.dol" (without the quotes) and run it selecting Wi-Fi method, if you don't have Wi-Fi enabled in your Wii then place the IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of your SD and select WAD Method, same thing for r8 of the cIOS..!!!
smile.gif

ZML
Once I've installed the HBC, and downgraded to 3.2, will my system play Wii/GCN backup discs from the disc channel like a retail disc? If it's not a feature enabled by default, can I enable it through other means?
You need to install the whole SoftMii or MiiWii package to be able to do this

I saw another user stated they had burned multiple GCN .ISOs onto a single DVD. How would I do this myself, so as to not use so many DVDs?
Using a tool called "Wii GC MultiGame ISO Creator"

GC_MGIC.jpg

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nada said:
Hi everyone

I know this question has been asked a lot, still I am at a loss what to do next.

Wii was and is now 3.1E (Mario Kart Update if I remember correctly), PAL, no wifi (atm).
Next I installed cIOS_Installer (rev 7 it said on Wii) with files I got from WiiGators Blog (17 Files, in Folder 00000001 than folder 00000024 than folder v1042 on root of SD card). Worked fine.
Next I start Backup_Launcher, 0.3 Gamma (no 002 fix). Said IOS249 at the bottom of screen.
ISO Files are PAL, 4.37 GB (unpatched) nothing done to it. 2 totally different games, both are green without comments on PAL & NTSC in the compatibility wiki.
Burned with ImgBurn, tried 16x and 4x on Emtec DVD-R. Burn with verify successful.
Tried 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix. Now I get an error code 349 (which weirdly enough seems to be the same as error 324...?)
Tried a DVD+R, didn't work. Last things I can think of is getting some Verbatin DVD-R, updating my firmware to 3.2 or 3.3 (not quite sure what that should matter as my ISO is older than Mario Kart) or messing around with the IOS (I keep reading tips about deleting it etc. but I don't really feel like that, as I read nothing of the sort in any serious guides...).

If anybody can think of anything, I would be interested to hear:) Thanks in advance already!

Well I know exactly what your problem is and I'll quote it:
QUOTE.....16x and 4x on Emtec DVD-R......

That's it, use the BEST brands of DVD's (Sony Verbatim Tayo-Yuden) and if you use DVD+R remember to set the book type to DVD-ROM, believe it or not the quality of the media it is very very very very very important here, unless you use a ModChip, check the Disc ID of your DVD's on ImgBurn and compare it with Da' List, you can only use all the 1st class media, and some 2nd class media, not all...!!
smile.gif

Sajiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, turns out the 00000058 was the 6.12MB so I renamed it 00000042

Now I have a minor problem as well with the IOS Downgrader it asks me to reboot with ret -116 error. Do I have to successfully connect the internet to get this to work?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
116 error is because the Wii can initialize the network, so yes you need to successfully connect to internet or check in one of my threads to "Downgrade Offline"

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
ether2802 said:
Nada said:
Hi everyone

Well I know exactly what your problem is and I'll quote it:
QUOTE.....16x and 4x on Emtec DVD-R......

That's it, use the BEST brands of DVD's (Sony Verbatim Tayo-Yuden) and if you use DVD+R remember to set the book type to DVD-ROM, believe it or not the quality of the media it is very very very very very important here, unless you use a ModChip, check the Disc ID of your DVD's on ImgBurn and compare it with Da' List, you can only use all the 1st class media, and some 2nd class media, not all...!!
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I didn't know that site or the info about the disc manufacturer. Now as I said, I will still try buying some verbatim. Out of interest I used imgburn to check the manufacturer id of my Emtec discs - according to imgburn, it is MCC 03RG20. This means, if I read that site you posted correctly, that I am burning on a 1ST CLASS MEDIA disc by Mitsubishi, which should work?
So I am a bit afraid that my verbatim purchase will be for nothing:/

On a side note, I quoted on word (disc id) in your post bold - because I have a value there too from Imgburn, but as far as I can understand from the site you posted, I need the manufacturer (they call it media) ID? Hope I am not misunderstand you.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No no you didn't, you have a very good quality media here, so I really can see why it doesn't work, try re-installing the cIOS, cause error 324 is either bad burn/media or the cIOS unproperly installed by the app...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Since noone is posting on my thread and everyone posts on here, how come when i launch metal gear solid via the disc channel or the gamma backup launcher it hangs at the konami logo?

I think you should install Waninkoko's cMIOS_r3 and fire it up from the disc channel, it should open (without pressing any button) to the ISO selection screen, then press X to launch, that works for my games, but you still need to try all the buttons if this doesn't work..!!
wink.gif

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS and IOS Downgraders, and are using good media brands (Verbatim, Sony, Tayo)..?? did you change the book type to DVD-ROM in the DVD+R's..?? and try to burn at 16X (if the disc have it write on it), cause some discs can't support the writting below 8X...!!
smile.gif
First off, thank you for the reply.
yay.gif

I downgraded to 3.2U after I reading your post but it didn't fix my problem.
frown.gif

I will try re-burning the Wii game at 8x, which is the maximum supported by the Sony DVD-Rs I have, and see if that fixes the problem.

I am going to be getting some Tayio Yuden DVD-Rs soon once that happens media shouldn't be much of a problem.
smile.gif

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
randomuse said:
Will custom guitar hero 3 games overwrite my real guitar hero 3 save?
No, it should create a new save.
I have a GH2 custom of GH3 and they're both separate saves. If you're paranoid, back up the save.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
randomuse said:
Will custom guitar hero 3 games overwrite my real guitar hero 3 save?

If it is the same region as your normal GH then it will use that save, it wont overwrite, it just going to use that save, and the fella up here is using a diferent region custom, that is why he has 2 different saves, they need to have different ID to do this, Eg. RGHE and RGHP

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all. i didn't want to take up space with another pointless thread, so i will ask in here. I read on here a while back that there is a way to make backups play from the disk channel instead of having to boot into HBC and use softchip. Anyone know where it is? i keep lookin i'm just coming up empty handed. Thanks
smile.gif

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want a confirmation:

So long as i do NO updates and use brickblocker before burning ALL my games(pal/ntsc) i am same from bricking right? And that only applies for wii games correct?...my understanding is GC, n64 games no need to worry about this potential problem.

also, whats the meaning of "installing WADs with broken banners" ??

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a broken banner means the channel you would click on to play it doesnt work properly. As for the "wrong region updates" when you are doing your downgrading (going from 3.4 to 3.2 say) and you have a USA wii (so 3.4U) and you pick the 3.4E (europe wii) you screw up the wii. but its all really easy, just go slow and read the screen.

EDIT (again)
I didnt even think, you probably meant updates from your game's
tongue.gif
I had 3.4 and I never got asked for updates from any of the games. Still, i would go down to 3.2. I find softchip is way better then the gamma loader and with starfall you dont get asked for updates.

EDIT:

I'm still really new to this though so if something is out of whack with what i said, speak up!
biggrin.gif
but I went through the whole downgrading process, its super easy and i would recommend doing it as you get starfall. The guys on gbatemp are gods with this stuff, it amazes me

EDIT (#3, damn...)
after 2 seconds on google i found this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117617
"How come wad installing bricks Wii's?" they answer it way better then i did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you