Hacking Noob In need of help

Fildy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so this is my first post here obviously and I have done some reading over the past couple of days on how to twilight the wii.
I have done some reading and found a few noob-proof walk throughs which is nice. My favorite currently seems to be Big Moe's For Dummies guide, but I cannot seem to find the file that I need to download associated with that guide. I like this guide because it gives noob proof ways of installing the emulators on there, which is important to me as I am a fairly retro gamer. I found another guide with a walk through, but this guide was fairly simple and didn't really explain how to get emulators on the wii, this one however came with files, so if I must I can use this one. I never owned a wii before I started to read about softmodding them. I went out today and picked one up along with the zelda game needed. Obviously I am a little aprehensive to take a $250 swing in the dark. Noobwarrior's guide is really nice, but again, its missing the actual files required. I'm sure I will find one before the night is out, after all the most important thing is to make sure you don't screw up the firmware version, I know this much at least
tongue.gif

I had a few questions if anyone cares to answer.
1.) Can I play all my backed up games online?
2.) Can I still shop for things on the wii store?
3.) Can I still use the internet channel?
4.) Is it easy, after installing the homebrew channel or w/e to install emulators or other 3rd party stuff such as the ability to play dvds?
5.) If I follow the instructions in these guides step by step, the likely hood that I brick my wii is 0% right?

I know people are probably tired of answering these questions to every noob that rolls along. I just want to make sure that I know what I am doing before I move on. Thank you for any help you can offer!

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)Yes, but i personally wouldn't risk it. Thats just me.
2)Yes, but you have the wad manager, you shouldn't need it.
3) Yes.
4)Yes.
5)Correct.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes to everything, which if you read as much as you've said you would have the answer, except for bricking your Wii. Personally, I think even if you follow directions to the letter there is still a chance of something going wrong.

I answered this question today and its probably on page 2, Nintendo don't care if you go online with your modded Wii and/or copied games. They might one day, right now they don't.

And it's very easy to get emulators on the Wii. They all come with directions.

Fildy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys a lot. I think I am going to get started here shortly, with much more confidence than before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: