noob in 3ds cfw need advise.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ace331, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ace331
    OP

Ace331 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Macau
    Hi, i bought a 3ds already hacked a year ago and i enjoyed it but i didn't pay much attention to the cfw/hack/jailbreak of my new3ds and now i'm facing a problem.
    i did manage to learn how to convert 3ds games to cia wich was a little complicated but now, after a faulty update, i have the 11.3 fw on my new3ds, rxtools doesn't work anymore and my 3ds is very unstable (1/3 times it load without the cfw or games)
    so my question are:
    how can i know the type of hack, the version, that are on my 3ds and learn about them.
    how can i put games on my 3ds as now rxtools doesn't work, and so i have no mean to convert 3ds to cia.
    thank you kindly

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Sounds like you're using menuhax to boot an emuNAND, it has a pretty bad boot rate (1/3 sounds about right).

I'd recommend following 3ds.guide from start to finish.

By the end you'll be running the most popular CFW luma3ds, via the best exploit available arm9loaderhax (100% boot rate versus menuhax's 60/30).

You can keep emuNAND if you like, or clone it to your sysNAND and reclaim ~2GB of space on your SD card.

If you need NTR's streaming function, you can stay on 11.3, otherwise it's recommended you update to the latest firmware (11.4).

My recommended method would be to rip your cartridges directly to cia, then install them to your homemenu using decrypt9.

This is what I do anyhow, others have their own preferred method for obtaining and installing games.

3. Ace331
    OP

Ace331 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Macau
    Thank you kindly for your informations and guidance, i shall follow the guide and update this thread with the results.
    i would very much appreciate your help if needed further.
    Thank you again.

4. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    as long as you follow the guide to the letter, and don't skip steps, you'll be good