Hacking Noob here.

gabisenk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I plan to hack my switch and I found out that my version is hackable and I have some questions. If I hack my switch and install a custom firmware like SXOS or is it called, will my current games on it and saves get deleted? I'd like them to remain as I am deep in Odyssey and I have a minecraft saved world that I want to keep. What about the firmware I am currently on right now? Will that pose a problem to my switch?

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If it's not ipatched, your firmware doesn't

Your saves will be retained. Just ensure you take a clean nand backup before you start any process.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should also look into emunands if you wanna try for online and atmosphere/reinx as other cfw alternatives
if you're system is ipatched but on a lower firmware you can look into pegaswitch (havent used this)

gabisenk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My switch is Hackable. The serial number is definately not patched. But the firmware/switchOS is on 8.1.0. Will that cause any problems for me?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you're ipatched theres an exploit for lower firmware 4.0 or 4.1 and below iirc if you're not ipatched then you just need an up to date cfw
Can't reply to you last post. I dunno why. Look at the last reply

So yeah I checked right now through a site and it's an old unit that can be hacked. But my firmware is currently on 8.1.0. I want to know if that will cause any problems. I want to buy and rcm jig but I don't want to wake up with it not working =))

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My switch is Hackable. The serial number is definately not patched. But the firmware/switchOS is on 8.1.0. Will that cause any problems for me?

Can't reply to you last post. I dunno why. Look at the last reply

So yeah I checked right now through a site and it's an old unit that can be hacked. But my firmware is currently on 8.1.0. I want to know if that will cause any problems. I want to buy and rcm jig but I don't want to wake up with it not working =))
No, you won’t have any problems. If your switch is not patched, you can hack it on any firmware.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question. How likely is it for my switch to get bricked?

Unlikely but possible. You should definitely make a nand backup using Hekate that way if something does happen you can restore it and then you'll be fine. Without a nand backup and you brick you're screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr