Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

mario6714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Downloading 10.5 cias and running that through sysUpdater to have access to menuhax

but the problem is the sysupdate only give me a black screen using this xploit Lightweight smashbroshax

is better using cubic ninja for the downgrade new3ds 10.6?

here my log safeSys

Attachments

• SafeSys.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by mario6714,

Lemmiwinkles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the problem is the sysupdate only give me a black screen using this xploit Lightweight smashbroshax

is better using cubic ninja for the downgrade new3ds 10.6?

here my log safeSys
Keep trying, it took about the 4th or 5th restart for sysupdater to boot properly. If you have Cubic Ninja then yeah, a much better option.

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tried downgrading from N3DS 10.7.0.32E 6 Times now even on different SD'cards everytime the downgrade suceeds and after the reboot i get a system error telling me to reboot and forcing me to Factory Reset to 10.7 again.

Any ideas ?

I use oot3dhax

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tried downgrading from N3DS 10.7.0.32E 6 Times now even on different SD'cards everytime the downgrade suceeds and after the reboot i get a system error telling me to reboot and forcing me to Factory Reset to 10.7 again.

Any ideas ?

I use oot3dhax
System format then try again

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if i do that my digital oot3d is gone right ? which is my entry point :/
or can i system format and just copy back my sd contents ?
Nope, your a sitting duck at this point. I'm going to start looking into this for a solution since it seems to be a common problem

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, your a sitting duck at this point. I'm going to start looking into this for a solution since it seems to be a common problem

That would be very nice. It was hard to get homebrew running since i used Smashhax first to install OOt3dhax would be awesome to be able to go on.

EDIT: Also tought of trying to go down lower on the 10.x version if that might help since i'm on 10.7

Last edited by makke007,

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you help me btw? I honestly can't produce this problem myself

Sure i can help out on that. What i basicly do is using OOT3D digital to access homebrew and then use safesysupdater/sysupdater (tried both) to downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2 on my New 3DS Europe. The installation of all .cia's goes through and after the reboot i get the system failure error. Afte that i am pressing L +R + up + A to force an Update back to 10.7.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure i can help out on that. What i basicly do is using OOT3D digital to access homebrew and then use safesysupdater/sysupdater (tried both) to downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2 on my New 3DS Europe. The installation of all .cia's goes through and after the reboot i get the system failure error. Afte that i am pressing L +R + up + A to force an Update back to 10.7.
Oh not your entry point the cause lies else where. Ill pm you later after I'm done with work

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh not your entry point the cause lies else where. Ill pm you later after I'm done with work

ok :) kinda confused which info you need just tell me in the PM then :) i would glad to help other people out with that aswell if it works later

Sirence

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used sysupdater to downgrade from 10.3 after safesysupdater said everything was good, during the downgrade it gave me a black screen saying an error has occured. After this, I booted up again and everything works fine, and the system settings say '9.2.0-20E' so I guess it did downgrade. However, I get the following errors when I check the downgrade:

What do I do at this point? Simply run sysupdater again?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used sysupdater to downgrade from 10.3 after safesysupdater said everything was good, during the downgrade it gave me a black screen saying an error has occured. After this, I booted up again and everything works fine, and the system settings say '9.2.0-20E' so I guess it did downgrade. However, I get the following errors when I check the downgrade:

What do I do at this point? Simply run sysupdater again?
Yes

Sirence

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Predownloaded update data, and most of the time it's just the instability of the downgrade process
Hm, I can not seem to get sysupdater to launch again. If I launch it via the hbl launcher, I get a red screen and then it stays at black.
I only put the .3dsx into the folder like the guide said. Is there something else I need to do? Or am I screwed now?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I can not seem to get sysupdater to launch again. If I launch it via the hbl launcher, I get a red screen and then it stays at black.
I only put the .3dsx into the folder like the guide said. Is there something else I need to do? Or am I screwed now?
Hax is unstable keep trying, if you have ftpd launch that then back out by holding l+r+Ddown+b then launch sysupdater. Or you could just using ssu I have better success rates with that

Reactions: Sirence

Sirence

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hax is unstable keep trying, if you have ftpd launch that then back out by holding l+r+Ddown+b then launch sysupdater. Or you could just using ssu I have better success rates with that
Just to make sure, I do not have to update to 10.7 first and then downgrade again? I can just run sysupdater from 9.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica