Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Hello, thanks for the tutorial.
I followed the instructions but I have an error message in SafeSysUpdater.

I have the 10.5E files for N3DS from that iso site, I downloaded three times without success

"MD5: /updates/0004001000022000.cia has a fail"
Are you serious? You have to download 9.2 downgrade files to downgrade to 9.2 -_________-

im on 9.9.0 - 26u is there a downgrade guide for this and I have a ns3d xl thanks mine a noob sorry
THIS GUIDE

Slimfr01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The system format before downgrading seems to be the fix for the black screen Error that can happen to some. I got that error a bunch, but finally confirmed the format made it work first try. Is that the error you are getting, @Slimfr01?

Yes it's that. But unluckly i'm now in 10.6 ( the only solution to fix the soft brick without hardmod ).
I have to wait for another entry point for 10.6, but are they any way to backup the gamesaves before a system format ?

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's that. But unluckly i'm now in 10.6 ( the only solution to fix the soft brick without hardmod ).
I have to wait for another entry point for 10.6, but are they any way to backup the gamesaves before a system format ?
There's svdt and savedatafiler. I had trouble getting svdt to work for many games. I just decided starting over on some games wasn't all that big of a deal to me.

wuggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
10.5E O3DS down to 9.2E was smooth and easy following this guide. Worked first time with no issues whatsoever. Just be careful and take your time.

Thanks to all who made this possible.

Last edited by wuggle,

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have officially simplified and distilled what I'm sure is actually a very complex process into something so simple a child could do it without bricking their console. You have my deepest thanks and applause for all of your hard work! Just finished successfully downgrading one new and one old 3ds for myself (admittedly the old one was just a guinea pig, in case of failure) so I can FINALLY get around to playing Neo X! I literally have over 200 hours into my copy of X, but I was wanting the challenge of Neo X and thanks to all of your hard work I finally can!

And for those curious, my favorite Pokemon for online battles is ALWAYS the shiny Imposter Ditto I spent around 20 hours hunting through friend safaris for. Throw a choice scarf on him, and he can devastate anyone if used properly (your opponent thinks they're setting up their own sweeper, but really they're setting up YOURS).

InjusticeBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few questions.
1.- From 'that iso site' I need to download the Full update packs right?
2.- Browserhax and menuhax do the same thing?
3.-Everything related to the sysUpdater should be done after browserhax/menuhax?

Thank you

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few questions.
1.- From 'that iso site' I need to download the Full update packs right?
2.- Browserhax and menuhax do the same thing?
3.-Everything related to the sysUpdater should be done after browserhax/menuhax?

Thank you
1. Yes
2. Yes, but use menuhax. It's easier to get into.
3. Not sure what you mean, but if you mean setting up browserhax/menuhax then yes. You need to have those up and running before you can attempt to use sysupdater.

Reactions: InjusticeBoy

InjusticeBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes
2. Yes, but use menuhax. It's easier to get into.
3. Not sure what you mean, but if you mean setting up browserhax/menuhax then yes. You need to have those up and running before you can attempt to use sysupdater.

Ok, got almost everything ready. The full update pack that I downlodaded (I chose the 9.2U since its my version) should be placed where?

InjusticeBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the root of your sd card, make a folder titled "updates" with no quotes. Then stick all the cias from the download in there.
It should be placed in the root of the SD Card in a flder named update.
So thats what it meant in "downgrade pack cia files". Thank you for clearing the doubt. Almost done. Hope it works.

Reactions: Just Passing By

InjusticeBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I have an issue with sysUpdater. Once I run it, a black screen stays, and I can't load it. SafeSysUpdater, on the other hand, works and all of my cia files of O9.2U were good. Now I am going to ask, can I downgrade using the SafeSysUpdater since sysUpdater doesn't open?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I have an issue with sysUpdater. Once I run it, a black screen stays, and I can't load it. SafeSysUpdater, on the other hand, works and all of my cia files of O9.2U were good. Now I am going to ask, can I downgrade using the SafeSysUpdater since sysUpdater doesn't open?
Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.