Hacking Noob ext hdd questions

Jackojohnson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ext hdd that I used to load wii games on my wii. Does the wiiu work differently in loading? I think I used GX loader on the wii.

Would I have convert the WBFS format they are on currently to work on wii u connected hdd?

Also what about the game save on the wii....could I transfer them onto the wii u? I got far in skyward sword...never beat it...would hate to lose the progression.

Also can an ext hdd have folders seperate for wii games, wiiu games (when I am able to play them) and roms for different emulators all on 1 device?

I want to be able to do everything on one unit to free up a hdmi port on the TV by getting rid of the old wii.

Thanks again

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have an ext hdd that I used to load wii games on my wii. Does the wiiu work differently in loading? I think I used GX loader on the wii.

Yes and no. With the current exploit we only have access to the sd slot of the wiiu (in wiiu mode). This means games can only be loaded from an sd card currently.

Also what about the game save on the wii....could I transfer them onto the wii u? I got far in skyward sword...never beat it...would hate to lose the progression.

Yes. The vWii works more or less the same way. Export your sava-data on an sd card or something and then import them in the vWii.

Also can an ext hdd have folders seperate for wii games, wiiu games (when I am able to play them) and roms for different emulators all on 1 device?

You can use the hdd with the vWii but not WiiU. This might change with the iosu exploit but no one knows when it will be released. (There are speculations around christmas due to a dev hinting a release around there but nothing is for certain)

Jackojohnson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. With the current exploit we only have access to the sd slot of the wiiu (in wiiu mode). This means games can only be loaded from an sd card currently.

Yes. The vWii works more or less the same way. Export your sava-data on an sd card or something and then import them in the vWii.

You can use the hdd with the vWii but not WiiU. This might change with the iosu exploit but no one knows when it will be released. (There are speculations around christmas due to a dev hinting a release around there but nothing is for certain)
Thanks for the reply.

So if I wanted to play wii games I can not load from a usb hdd in vWii ?

If we do play wii backups an they have to be stored on a sd card can that be done on a 5.5 system through Wiiu?

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks for the reply.

So if I wanted to play wii games I can not load from a usb hdd in vWii ?

If we do play wii backups an they have to be stored on a sd card can that be done on a 5.5 system through Wiiu?

You can play wii games in vwii via usb. You can't play wii u games via usb.

And no, the last supported firmware is 5.3.2. If you're beyond that you'll have to wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...