Hacking NooB can't install snes9x and fce ultra channels

Andres Valdevit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to the whole console hacking theme, my last console was PS2 but back then you sent it to get modded via a chip, that usually someone else did it for you, I wouldn't dare since I know nothing about electronics, the only thing I successfully hacked myself was my iPhone 3gs and 4s, but as long as it's only software I can manage it, but as the title suggests, I'm kind of a nood on this Wii field so be patient with me.
Last Christmas I gave as gift to my girlfriend a Wii since we like so much playing retrogames, and since a Wii plays those along with Gamecube and Wii games, in my eyes it was a great deal.
I followed some guides to hack the Wii, everything when smooth until I started getting some strange problems. I'm not going to describe all of my problems right now, unless it's necessary or you ask me to, mainly because by my research on different forums the root of everything starts from a single problem, I had since I tried to mod this console the first time in december. My gut tells me if I solve this everything else is related.

So moving on... my first and main problem is trying to get installed the channel installers for snes9xgx and fce ultra gx, I kept getting this error message:

"error: unable to obtain NAND access! installer cannot continue"

I went on various forums, and following some tips now it's giving me a different message

"AHBPROT is not enabled! Installer cannot continue"

On a post on this very forum https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-unable-to-obtain-nand-access-installer-cannot-continue.324413/ suggests to make sure to have IOS58 installed and then reinstall the HBC.
I did just that, but right now I getting a mess on my Wii channels, I have 2 HBC and a backup HBC installed (i don't know why) but what bothers me the most when going inside the HBC, I do have the latest version of the HBC but I'm stuck on IOS61 v.22.30.
What do you suggest me I do? I'm getting very confused on everything I have installed on the SD card and I'm thinking to wipe everything and start the mod process from scratch, if necessary, if possible, from a different better guide, or what are my alternatives?
Thank you very much for your attention.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI... I would run a program called Syscheck on your wii, it will check your system and output a file called syscheck.csv to your sd card, transfer this file to your pc. Download a program called ModMii on your pc and then drag the syscheck.csv file onto the Modmii.exe. This will then tell you everything you need to update your softmod top the latest cios etc. Tell modmii to download everything it wants to and then follow the guide it produces to install everything to your wii.

If that doesnt fix your problem, Then i would try a system format from the wiis system menu options, (but bear in mind this will delete all your saved games, installed channels etc) and then use modmii to rehack your wii from scratch.

Andres Valdevit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll check those apps, but I'm using a mac, hope to find alternatives. So it is possible to rehack the wii? about game saves I can back them up no problem and even if not it doesn't matter as long as I get this thing to work as intended. So the Wii will be formatting only the SD or the internal 512MB system memory as well? and once I do that the rehacking procedure is exactly the same? Isn't it the same if I format the SD directly from my Mac?
Thank you,

Andres Valdevit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll check those apps, but I'm using a mac, hope to find alternatives. So it is possible to rehack the wii? about game saves I can back them up no problem and even if not it doesn't matter as long as I get this thing to work as intended. So the Wii will be formatting only the SD or the internal 512MB system memory as well? and once I do that the rehacking procedure is exactly the same? Isn't it the same if I format the SD directly from my Mac?
Thank you,

I spent the afternoon trying to look for alternatives of Modmii for mac, none. Am I fu..ed or my only alternative is to format my Wii only?
If I got to go through all the procedure again can you suggest me an updated guide to soft mod my Wii pls?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can u not run modmii using wine or similar on ur Mac? Or do you not have a friend with a pc/laptop?

Formatting your wii will not format the sd card but the wii internal memory that's why all your saves/channels etc will be gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr