Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Nomura Open To Developing TWEWY Sequel
The World Ends With You: Again?
twewy_art.jpg

The World Ends With You was an unexpected breakout hit for Square Enix. It was an entirely new franchise and it was certainly not the kind of game Kingdom Hearts creator, Tetsuya Nomura, is known for designing. Since its release, Square fans have been asking for a follow-up game.

It would appear Nomura is keen on developing a follow-up as well.

“I’m really happy that the game was so well received in North America,” Nomura told Nintendo Power in a recent interview with the magazine. “I definitely want to make a sequel. I’m very busy working on other titles right now, but when the time is right, I would love to make another installment of The World Ends with You.”

A World Ends With You sequel on the 3DS might be interesting. What ideas can you think of that would benefit from the new system?[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source (Siliconera)

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently going through this game on DS, it's a lot of fun. But we probably won't be seeing this for some time, plus I want KHIII more than anything from Square right now. =/

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you move your character with the joystick to explore an actual 3d world(as in, not 2d) or it could be 2d using 3d effects. and you can use the stylus for pins, and maybe have multiple characters to choose from, with some character specific pins, and being able to switch between pin sets, and..... oww, my head hurts from excitement
wacko.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think the first one was good enough to deserve a sequel. It's basically a lot of novelty Japanese stuff and a crappy battle system. It's one of the few games I'll debate to hell and back that it's not good. But for the sake of here I won't.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEWY has a special place in my heart as the first game I ever liked so much I ended up buying a actual copy because I wanted to support the game
rolleyes.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want it NOW!

But I suppose I can wait for a year or two.

Jolan said:
basher11 said:
on the 3DS? what about people who aren't going to have one
frown.gif
The same thing that happened to people who didn't have a DS when TWEWY came out.
Herp Derp.
lol. Duh.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
No, TWEWY doesn't need a sequel!! Its going to be like Halo!

Um, what? That was a useless metaphor. Halo 2 had great advantages over the first Halo. Online play is what made Halo 2 the game every Xbox gamer owned. If the Xbox Live servers were still up Halo 2 would still be immensely popular online.

And if you're going to hit me with that "Halo is bullshit though lol" then don't, it's dried up already.

Next time you try comparing one game series to another try to actually find a game series that is similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm half way at my savings for a new move