Noisy Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Veloxi, Feb 8, 2009.

Feb 8, 2009

Noisy Wii? by Veloxi at 3:05 PM (905 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    I noticed when playing games like Skate It or Call of Duty World At War, my Wii constantly sounds like its loading. Pretty much non-stop I can hear disc movement/reading in the console. Wasn't sure if this was normal due to the lack of hardware on the console, or if playing backups was causing the Wii to perform differently? All the other "smaller" games seem to load normally, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one with a noisy Wii when playing games with "good graphics"

Thanks for the feedback in advance

2. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    It´s normal some game are constantly loading data from the Disc it´s not only the case for COD4 [​IMG].

3. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    Good to know its not just my console. However, the loading is pretty loud and that's why I assumed my console was about to bite the dust [​IMG]

4. DuskLord

Newcomer DuskLord Member

Finland
    I've worried about the same thing with some games. Can't remember which ones though. But I've heard it's normal...

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Games with tightly packed data and/or are double sided like Smash Bros Brawl tend to fairly well consistently hit the drive and read it most the time the game is going to keep everything coming to you. I'd worry about it if you loaded up some little thing like Wario Ware Smooth Moves or something that polls the drive little in comparison.

6. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Brawl does it alot, like at the start after the loading screen(doesn't even make a sound) When it says press any button, it makes alot of noise....