Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Who here loves them? I absolutely love NOFX, one of my favorite bands of all time, they just make amazing punk. If you haven't listened to them go and do it.

My favorite songs:
Punk Guy
Happy Guy
I'm Telling Tim
Drugs Are Good
180 Degress
The Brews
Stickin In My Eye
The Decline (best piece of music ever written)
All His Suits Are Torn
Bottles To The Ground
Wore Out Soles On My Party Boots

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like a lot of their older stuff. I grew up on NOFX in middle school and some of high school. Their last good album was the war on errorism, I haven't followed them up since then. Is a wolf in sheeps clothing any good? I really liked 45 or 46 songs that didnt make it onto out other albums or whateva.

They get made fun of a lot in the punk community but i don't care haha. I'm glad there's another lover.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
I like a lot of their older stuff. I grew up on NOFX in middle school and some of high school. Their last good album was the war on errorism, I haven't followed them up since then. Is a wolf in sheeps clothing any good? I really liked 45 or 46 songs that didnt make it onto out other albums or whateva.

They get made fun of a lot in the punk community but i don't care haha. I'm glad there's another lover.

I haven't listened to much of Wolves in Wolves Clothing, my friend has it though and loves it. They came out with a new album too last Spring, its not bad, still not as good as the other stuff.

45 or 46 Songs is a damn good CD, I love all the b-sides lol.

And me too, I'm glad there is another person out there that loves NOFX besides my brother and my friends
tongue.gif
, My favorite album is either Punk In Drublic or So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes. You?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i LOVE NoFX.

So Long & Punk In are two amazing albums.
By the way: Wolf In Wolves Clothing is a great album.

I lost interest around Pump Up The Valuum was released, cause that album just blew. But a buddy had me listen to War On Errorism and it was decent. And i started listening to their old work again.

Oh, and find The Decline right now. It's a single. It's 15 minutes long, and its fuck EPIC.

I also have their latest EP Cokie The Clown, but i haven't listened yet and their latest Full Length (Coaster) is just that... don't bother lol.

Mmmm, might have to put some Noffix into my ears right now... :goodolepunk:

EDIT: Oh, and I Heard They Suck Live and Still Suck Live are fantastic live albums
wub.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
i LOVE NoFX.

So Long & Punk In are two amazing albums.
By the way: Wolf In Wolves Clothing is a great album.

I lost interest around Pump Up The Valuum was released, cause that album just blew. But a buddy had me listen to War On Errorism and it was decent. And i started listening to their old work again.

Oh, and find The Decline right now. It's a single. It's 15 minutes long, and its fuck EPIC.

I also have their latest EP Cokie The Clown, but i haven't listened yet and their latest Full Length (Coaster) is just that... don't bother lol.

Mmmm, might have to put some Noffix into my ears right now... :goodolepunk:

EDIT: Oh, and I Heard They Suck Live and Still Suck Live are fantastic live albums
wub.gif

Yay WildWon!!!

Yeah definitely So Long, and PID are there best albums by far!

I didn't really mind Pump Up The Valuum too much, War on Errorism was pretty good too, She Nubs is where its at
tongue.gif
. As for The Decline, its absolutely amazing, one the greatest pieces of music I have ever listened too! I know mostly all of it on drums, its tough shit
tongue.gif

I haven't listened to any of the new stuff really, I hope its good.

The live ablums were pretty also, not too much of a fan of live albums though

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Yay WildWon!!!

I didn't really mind Pump Up The Valuum too much, War on Errorism was pretty good too, She Nubs is where its at
tongue.gif
. As for The Decline, its absolutely amazing, one the greatest pieces of music I have ever listened too! I know mostly all of it on drums, its tough shit
tongue.gif

Not just the drums. One of the things i LOVE about Nofx is that they're all so talented. Speed, precision and great writing. And i'm an absolute sucker for constant background vocals, and they use it in spades. (Same with why i love Jimmy Eat World
tongue.gif
)

Find Wolf In Wolves Clothing asap. You'll love it. The more i think about it, they've gone back to Punk & So Long styles. And they're cocky as hell... you'll understand with the first track and you'll applaud at the end of it. Which then leads right into the 2nd track which is an anti-government anthem. USA-Holes... so good.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
NeSchn said:
Yay WildWon!!!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Not just the drums. One of the things i LOVE about Nofx is that they're all so talented. Speed, precision and great writing. And i'm an absolute sucker for constant background vocals, and they use it in spades. (Same with why i love Jimmy Eat World
tongue.gif
)

Find Wolf In Wolves Clothing asap. You'll love it. The more i think about it, they've gone back to Punk & So Long styles. And they're cocky as hell... you'll understand with the first track and you'll applaud at the end of it. Which then leads right into the 2nd track which is an anti-government anthem. USA-Holes... so good.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA-Holes. It's the second track. So effin' good. I just started listening to it again after this thread. The album is solid in my head as we speak LOL
biggrin.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I love em....really, amazing band!

I didn't know you guys dig them!
Let me name few favorite songs:

Malachi Crunch
Stickin in my Eye
Bob
Green Corn
Shut up Already
Don't Call me White
Lori Meyers (damn this is awesome song!!)
Always Hate Hippies
Louise
Six Pack Girl

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
I love em....really, amazing band!

I didn't know you guys dig them!
Let me name few favorite songs:

Malachi Crunch
Stickin in my Eye
Bob
Green Corn
Shut up Already
Don't Call me White
Lori Meyers (damn this is awesome song!!)
Always Hate Hippies
Louise
Six Pack Girl
Yeah dude, they are one of my favorites! I've always loved them!

Those are all great songs, and see Lori Meyers, I've never really liked too much
tongue.gif
I guess I don't really like the girl singing that much. I'll have to listen to it again.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
NeSchn said:

Those are all great songs, and see Lori Meyers, I've never really liked too much
tongue.gif
I guess I don't really like the girl singing that much. I'll have to listen to it again.
Well, it's all matter of taste.....I never liked Kim Shattuck's music (she's the one singing in the second part of the song) much, but it really gets to me in this song..

I think that overall, my favorite album would be Ribbed, tho I didn't like Wolves in Wolves Clothing, I like the newest album (Coaster), I also like the Pump up the Valuum..

Overall, they are really great band, with insane drummer!

EDIT: and just as you say, you don't like Lori Meyers that much, I'm not much of a "Decline liker"
tongue.gif
It really is one of the best songs ever written, I just don't like songs over two and a half, three minutes
tongue.gif

Hahaha, but that's just me...

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
NeSchn said:

tongue.gif
Well, it's all matter of taste.....I never liked Kim Shattuck's music (she's the one singing in the second part of the song) much, but it really gets to me in this song..

I think that overall, my favorite album would be Ribbed, tho I didn't like Wolves in Wolves Clothing, I like the newest album (Coaster), I also like the Pump up the Valuum..

Overall, they are really great band, with insane drummer!

EDIT: and just as you say, you don't like Lori Meyers that much, I'm not much of a "Decline liker"
tongue.gif
It really is one of the best songs ever written, I just don't like songs over two and a half, three minutes
tongue.gif

Hahaha, but that's just me...
You know, I actually listened to it again while riding on the cheesewagon yesterday (the bus) and I actually didn't really mind it at all
tongue.gif
I guess my tastes of changed since I first listened to it.

I've never really listened to their older albums like Ribbed too much because they seem to be a little sloppy and bad in production lolz, I usually pick em up with Punk In Drublic. I still have to listen to the 2 newest albums too
tongue.gif

And yeah, their drummer is redonkulous, I wish I could keep up with him most of the time. Hes pretty dope.

I can also hear where your coming from with the Decline, I don't really like their songs that are longer either, but there is something about the Decline that just keeps me listening lol

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
NeSchn said:
You know, I actually listened to it again while riding on the cheesewagon yesterday (the bus) and I actually didn't really mind it at all
tongue.gif
I guess my tastes of changed since I first listened to it.

I've never really listened to their older albums like Ribbed too much because they seem to be a little sloppy and bad in production lolz, I usually pick em up with Punk In Drublic. I still have to listen to the 2 newest albums too
tongue.gif

And yeah, their drummer is redonkulous, I wish I could keep up with him most of the time. Hes pretty dope.

I can also hear where your coming from with the Decline, I don't really like their songs that are longer either, but there is something about the Decline that just keeps me listening lol
See
tongue.gif

I noticed that my test changed over years as well...However, I don't think it was for the "good"
laugh.gif

And you're right there, they do sound a bit sloppy on their first albums and production is nowhere near good as the later albums, however I absolutely love Maximum Rock'n'Roll, Liberal Animation and Ribbed..Not to mention that S&M Airlines has one of the best covers ever
tongue.gif

I dig that dirty, raw sound!
wink.gif

EDIT: And Decline sounds that great because it's not boring, message is really something to think about, and it sounds like it's actually few different songs without pause in between, and with the same subject!
True work of art!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NOFX?
Omg, I used to love them havent listened to them for a few months but I still most of theirs songs on my iPod, they are really good
biggrin.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Not to mention that S&M Airlines has one of the best covers ever
tongue.gif

I shall see your S&M Airlines and raise you one Heavy Petting Zoo.

(while S&M Airlines is hot, HPZ is one of the funniest, raw, "i can't believe they did that" cover designs I've ever seen. I mean, it's no Nashville Pussy, but still
wink.gif
)

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
WildWon said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Not to mention that S&M Airlines has one of the best covers ever
tongue.gif

I shall see your S&M Airlines and raise you one Heavy Petting Zoo.

(while S&M Airlines is hot, HPZ is one of the funniest, raw, "i can't believe they did that" cover designs I've ever seen. I mean, it's no Nashville Pussy, but still
wink.gif
)
Won't argue on that!
laugh.gif

You are right.. Heavy Petting Zoo has that shock value, and those two would be my favorite NoFX covers!

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
See
tongue.gif

I noticed that my test changed over years as well...However, I don't think it was for the "good"
laugh.gif

And you're right there, they do sound a bit sloppy on their first albums and production is nowhere near good as the later albums, however I absolutely love Maximum Rock'n'Roll, Liberal Animation and Ribbed..Not to mention that S&M Airlines has one of the best covers ever
tongue.gif

I dig that dirty, raw sound!
wink.gif

EDIT: And Decline sounds that great because it's not boring, message is really something to think about, and it sounds like it's actually few different songs without pause in between, and with the same subject!
True work of art!
Haha why what happened to your tastes? lol

Maximum Rock'n'Roll was alright. I did really love their first demo, (which is one there) Hold It Back is a great song.

And yeah, Idk, I just don't like the sloppyness of the first albums, its too much for me lol, there are still great songs on it like Green Corn and such. S&M Airlines is one of the best covers I will agree with you, and same with Heavy Petting Zoo. I didn't notice how fucked up it was until I just saw it again xD

The Decline is an amazing piece of music, one of my favs. I plan on doing a cover of it once the Spring comes along lol its a tough one

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I never thought I'd be able to say this but........

32568_1442515418069_1088601621_31303706_4672193_n.jpg

They are coming to Croatia..it would be so cool if concert was on August 8th
tongue.gif
but 18th is close enough
tongue.gif

It's few hours ride from the city I live in, but I ain't missing this!
NOFX!! LIVE!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them