Hacking Nobody else worried ?

meangreenie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to reccomend this card to others and it indeed is obviously good.

But it doesn't play Pokemon Diamond and Pearl ??? probably the biggest titles in the oriental world where the main bulk of the ds-x sales I would imagine to be. Seems strange that no established flash carts ez4/sc/m3/g6 had any trouble with running the roms, admitedly there was a small save error on some carts where the save would get mixed between diamond and pearl, but didn't stop the roms running and was fixed quickly.

Does the ds-x have a design flaw ? surely pokemon diamond and pearl was a priority title to have running, especially being out before the ds-x launch, I can only think of two scenarios..

1) they tried fixing it, but can't

2) they didn't try

both scenarios make me worry about a possible major flaw in the ds-x design.

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
It's confirmed to be fixed in the next update that's to be released every day now.

I'm confused as to who confirmed that. I was under the impression that the DSX team followed a strict policy of not talking about or giving support for commercial ROM use on their device, for legal reasons. I'm not saying that they aren't working on it, because I hope and assume they are. But wouldn't that all be secret? What's your source?

Doesn't matter that much anyway. If it's going to be released in a few days, we'll find out then.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they are aware of the problem for almost 2 weeks now. same with the problem that their "acts as a passcard" function doenst work (m3). did they fix anything? they didnt. or they cant. dunno.

mars

nathan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well about the ROM talk, they indeed do not openly talk about that. But when u submit a rom related bug in their official bug tracker they don't remove or ignore it, they just flag it as 'private' so that only the ds-x team and the user submitted the bug can view it.

I'm looking forward now to the release of the 1.0.2 firmware, that will be released any day now it seems, to see if they are capable of taking care of all the bugs that exist now.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I would be worried. Two weeks is a long time.
rolleyes.gif

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would be worried. Two weeks is a long time.
rolleyes.gif

I have a DS-X and haven't had single issue with any ROM/Homebrew I've tried. Granted, I really don't like the Pokemon games, so I haven't even though about them. But two weeks is actually a really, really short time to take care of everything they are taking care of. So I'm not worried. I'll use the new firmware's as they come out, and I have full confidence that given time, it will be truly 100% compatible. But time has to be given. Nothing happens in a snap.

kabaamkaboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well , after the new update i got a bigger probleme, and im not glad to say that the support team suck$, v.sorrey 4 that but its the truth.

Causes :

1 : animal crossing not working now.
2 : if you ever ask for roms support, your thread will be deleated, i cant understand this point, they devoloped a chip to play roms and homeB but you will get support only for HB.

wierdo

NinjaFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well , after the new update i got a bigger probleme, and im not glad to say that the support team suck$, v.sorrey 4 that but its the truth.

Causes :

2 : if you ever ask for roms support, your thread will be deleated, i cant understand this point, they devoloped a chip to play roms and homeB but you will get support only for HB.

wierdo
So the DS-X team fixes compatibility with just about every game that was previously broken (could be every game; I can't check yet myself, so I won't say that's the case) and they break compatibility with one game and now they "suck"? That's a reasonable and fair response.
rolleyes.gif

As for ROM support, the DS-X team never claimed that the product supports ROMs. Yes, they do happen to function, but the team does not officially support the practice. They've made it pretty clear that they do not support ROMs of any sort since day one. Perhaps next time you'll do some research before spending your money.

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country

Causes :

wierdo

not at all. Sumbit your rom problem privatly to them http://support.ds-x.com/ and they will listen. They jsut wont deal with it publically. I submitted the children of mana save problem and now it works.

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't understand the point? They're covering their asses from the big N.. unfortunately, I think the devs live in the US or UK (someone correct me if I'm wrong), where it's alot easier to get fucked up the ass by large corporations.

I'm sure the device is meant for homebrew, it's probably just a side effect that it plays commercial roms as well
unsure.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for ROM support, the DS-X team never claimed that the product supports ROMs. Yes, they do happen to function, but the team does not officially support the practice. They've made it pretty clear that they do not support ROMs of any sort since day one. Perhaps next time you'll do some research before spending your money.
You do realize that whole comment is bunk, right? NDS homebrew is compiled to run from ROM. ds.gba has a loader to load it to the DS memory from GBA ROM space. Why is it that so many assume a "ROM" is strictly a commercial cart ROM chip dump?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over