Hacking "No WBFS Partition Found"

jhronesz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I've searched and couldn't find anything. I have got a WD 320GB Passport drive (on the compatibility chart). I've created a blank partition and have used WBFS Manager to format the drive. It allows me to then add game files on the drive. However, when i plug it into my wii, it mounts the drive and states that there is no WBFS partition found and wants me to format again. So if i do that, it allows me to add games from my wii. Then if i take it back to my pc, my pc will not see the drive, like there is no partition. Anyone else having this problem?

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format it using your Wii?

EDIT
What I mean to say is try formatting it using your Wii instead of WBFS software.

jhronesz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've tried that. then when i bring it to my pc, my pc will not recognize the drive. i dont' know what the problem is.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reformat the Partition as a blank one and make sure it's a Primary Drive (you can have more than one primary drive on a an HDD). USE WBFS TO FORMAT!!! I think your problem is just that it isn't being recognized as a primary drive.

jhronesz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i must not be making myself clear so i'll try again.

Using windows disk management, i have deleted the partition, created a new partition (primary), did not format the drive at the time. Open WBFS Manager. format drive. Everything works.

then i take my drive to my Wii. plug it in. turn on wii. go to homebrew channel. load usbloader 1.5. it mounts drive. then the message states "no wbfs partition found" and wants me to reformat.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jhronesz said:
ok, i must not be making myself clear so i'll try again.

Using windows disk management, i have deleted the partition, created a new partition (primary), did not format the drive at the time. Open WBFS Manager. format drive. Everything works.

then i take my drive to my Wii. plug it in. turn on wii. go to homebrew channel. load usbloader 1.5. it mounts drive. then the message states "no wbfs partition found" and wants me to reformat.
1.) did you install all the neccessary cIOS's?
2.) Try formatting with the Wii while the drive is primary

jhronesz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installed cios 10 and still no go. i just got it to work though. i used partition magic to partition the drive and it seems to work now. thanks for your comments.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. What I did was to reformat the harddrive under windows , downloaded swissknife software (google it), Use swissknife to format the harddrive to fat32. Then use WBFS Manager to format the harddrive. Copy your games and it should work. This worked for me.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try running the software under windows as an administrator (right click .exe or shortcut, select run as administrator).

It's weird, but using the WBFS Intelligent GUI if I run as administrator I can see the WBFS drive fine, but if I don't run as administrator, it claims there is not a WBFS partition there.

D

Deleted User

onneeye said:
I had the exact same problem. What I did was to reformat the harddrive under windows , downloaded swissknife software (google it), Use swissknife to format the harddrive to fat32. Then use WBFS Manager to format the harddrive. Copy your games and it should work. This worked for me.

This worked for me and my WD Passport. Thanks guys!

dadancer619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I had a friend do this setup for me and I have no idea to fix this WBFS Partition Found, so it seems like oneeyed solves more I just need step by step instruction to fix this but want to make sure i don't lose my games cause I have over 400 on my hardrive thanks or are welcom to email me full instructions thanks much appreciated

[email protected]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson