"No WBFS Partition Found"

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by jhronesz, Jun 4, 2009.

Jun 4, 2009

"No WBFS Partition Found" by jhronesz at 12:27 AM (14,013 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. jhronesz
    OP

Newcomer jhronesz Newbie

United States
    Sorry if this question has been asked before, I've searched and couldn't find anything. I have got a WD 320GB Passport drive (on the compatibility chart). I've created a blank partition and have used WBFS Manager to format the drive. It allows me to then add game files on the drive. However, when i plug it into my wii, it mounts the drive and states that there is no WBFS partition found and wants me to format again. So if i do that, it allows me to add games from my wii. Then if i take it back to my pc, my pc will not see the drive, like there is no partition. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Bumcats

Newcomer Bumcats Member

United States
    Format it using your Wii?

EDIT
    What I mean to say is try formatting it using your Wii instead of WBFS software.

3. jhronesz
    OP

Newcomer jhronesz Newbie

United States
    i've tried that. then when i bring it to my pc, my pc will not recognize the drive. i dont' know what the problem is.

4. Chaos Punk

Member Chaos Punk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Reformat the Partition as a blank one and make sure it's a Primary Drive (you can have more than one primary drive on a an HDD). USE WBFS TO FORMAT!!! I think your problem is just that it isn't being recognized as a primary drive.

5. jhronesz
    OP

Newcomer jhronesz Newbie

United States
    ok, i must not be making myself clear so i'll try again.

Using windows disk management, i have deleted the partition, created a new partition (primary), did not format the drive at the time. Open WBFS Manager. format drive. Everything works.

then i take my drive to my Wii. plug it in. turn on wii. go to homebrew channel. load usbloader 1.5. it mounts drive. then the message states "no wbfs partition found" and wants me to reformat.

6. Chaos Punk

United States
    1.) did you install all the neccessary cIOS's?
    2.) Try formatting with the Wii while the drive is primary

7. jhronesz
    OP

Newcomer jhronesz Newbie

United States
    installed cios 10 and still no go. i just got it to work though. i used partition magic to partition the drive and it seems to work now. thanks for your comments.

8. Chaos Punk

United States
    Yea, the partitioner was gonna be my next crack at it, personally, I use EASEus.

9. onneeye

Member onneeye GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had the exact same problem. What I did was to reformat the harddrive under windows , downloaded swissknife software (google it), Use swissknife to format the harddrive to fat32. Then use WBFS Manager to format the harddrive. Copy your games and it should work. This worked for me.

10. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    got this same problem as op, will try onneeye's method

11. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try running the software under windows as an administrator (right click .exe or shortcut, select run as administrator).

It's weird, but using the WBFS Intelligent GUI if I run as administrator I can see the WBFS drive fine, but if I don't run as administrator, it claims there is not a WBFS partition there.

12. darkm3tr01d

Newcomer darkm3tr01d Newbie

United States
    This worked for me and my WD Passport. Thanks guys!

13. dadancer619

Newcomer dadancer619 Newbie

United States
    Hello I had a friend do this setup for me and I have no idea to fix this WBFS Partition Found, so it seems like oneeyed solves more I just need step by step instruction to fix this but want to make sure i don't lose my games cause I have over 400 on my hardrive thanks or are welcom to email me full instructions thanks much appreciated

komodo4ever@yahoo.com