Hacking no vunerable IOS Please help

twistedlace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having real problems with no vunerable IOS I would really appriciate any help as I am just about giving up and going to throw my wii out of the window. I think I have tried just about everything. I originally soft modded the wii using official 4.2 online mod, which seemed to work but I woul only load games through home brew and if any game was inserted whether it be a back up or a 'real' game the system would crash completly and would have to hold down power for 4 seconds. it would also be the same if the console was started with a disc in.

so I started again using another guide for 4.2 which was much simpler as I couldnt work out where I was giong wrong on the old guide. Please bear in mind I am very new to this and probably done somthing very wrong or stupid.

I am now trying to install the home brew chanel but I am getting the no vunerable ios problem, i have used the dop ios mod as found in other guides in this forum and while trying to use this on ios 36 ( which i read in other posts ) I the program starts running but the installation fails with
failed -1027
install returned -1
installation complete
ERROR: something failed (ret:-1) continue? yes / no

I also read to try using other ios numbers but they either failed with bad hash or they would fail to load.

I then tried using Any title deleter but when loading I had an error when it says 'informing wii that I am god' but got through to the menus but when trying to delete ios 30 ( as found in another post ) I had error "ticket delete failed(no ticket) -102 error! ISFS_delete(ret = -102)

I am totally at a loss now as I feel I dont know enough about this and am worried about bricking my wii, everything works fine at the moment, however I cant install homebrew, and am desperate to get the wii to play copies !! I dont want it to beat me!! however i am close to giving up!!

When i originaly had the console, it automaticaly updated to 4.2e I didnt know the updates would affect the hbc etc, also now I have no access to hbc

Please help..............

twistedlace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much for reply i have been trying for ages to do that I was patching then also which is why it was failing, i am just about to do iso 60 but it says this is for systems 4.0 and 4.1 im on 4.2 do i need to do this?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twistedlace said:
thank you so much for reply i have been trying for ages to do that I was patching then also which is why it was failing, i am just about to do iso 60 but it says this is for systems 4.0 and 4.1 im on 4.2 do i need to do this?

Will no do any damage if you install it.

twistedlace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry just noticed it was 61
blush.gif

twistedlace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to come back to you it ran and didnt fail however i still get the no vunerable ios message, also now if I go back in and re-do ios 36 it runs with no option not to patch and gives me the error message

failed -1017
install returned-1
installation complete
Error somthing failed (ret-1)
continue y/n

twistedlace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys anybody know what this error could mean in relation to the above problems?

failed -1017
install returned-1
installation complete
Error somthing failed (ret-1)
continue y/n

A

acer r

I've done all the things in this thread and I still cant get a vunerable IOS. What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that...