No System file found in M3 real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by OzModChips, Dec 20, 2007.

Dec 20, 2007
  1. OzModChips
    OP

Member OzModChips GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi guys,
    Ive been selling a massive amount of m3 reals (r4s are out, and cyclos are shit)
    the first couple hundred have been perfect - no returns.

The last 2 days ive been contacted by 3 diff people all with the same errors

here is an example

It possible that I am dealing with noobs, as its xmas and a lot of random mums and dads are ordering...but has anyone got a DOA m3 that has the same err?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You're probably dealing with some noobs [​IMG] Perhaps you can guide them through it and see what happens.

3. cray-

Newcomer cray- Member

Australia
    Hope mine's not a dud, I just ordered from OzModChips last week and it's sitting at the post office waiting for me to pickup as we speak. Luckily I bought a cheap game as a backup in case the M3+SD card didn't arrive in time for Xmas.

Fingers crossed.

4. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    If there haven't been DOAs yet there probably won't be. There is probably some technical difficulty but if they are all having the same problem maybe ask one of them to send one back and take a look at it yourself so you can help the others with the same problem instead of having to exchange a bunch of M3s right before christmas which is a killer.

5. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Did they put the whole system folder? or just the files itself? Also are they using the correct region of firmware?

6. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I can almost guarantee that they aren't putting the system files onto the micro sd correctly. I had the same issue when I got my first slot-1 flash card. I was a noob...and still am [​IMG]

- Fitzy

7. tau

Newcomer tau Member

Australia
    There's not a whole lot more the G6 team could do to make the M3 Real easier to set up. Both OzModChips.com and the G6 team do an awesome job imo.

However, people still are that stupid. Sometimes you need to state the bleeding obvious to them.

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Yeah, and they can get confused [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. OzModChips
    OP

Australia
    Well he sent me a screen shot of the file structure, and it looks like he is doing it right
    so i will get him to send it back and I will let you guys know if its defective or not soon.

10. ARK6476

Newcomer ARK6476 Member

United States
    I encountered the same problem when I switched to Linux. It turns out that when the M3 reads the "_system_" directory all letters must be properly capitalized or it won't recognize it. Look at the capitalization of a working one to find out how it's supposed to be(I think it's "_system_" but I can't say for sure). Same thing goes for the files/folders in "_system_".

11. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    i don't think thats the case. i'm pretty sure mine still owrked fine when it was in lower case.

12. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The problem with lower case letters only happens when you use a non-windows system to put the files on the memory card. The solution was to rename all of the files and folders to uppercase while they are still on the computer, then copy them to the card.

13. OzModChips
    OP

Australia
    Got a couple of them back today

1 was perfect (noob of faulty micro sd card)
    2 where faulty, it freezes on start up

Not a big deal, the defect rate of m3 reals is less than 0.5%